Office 2007 Standard Upgrade install problems

Hello,
I have Windows 7 and have been using Office 2003 with no problems. I decided to install Office 2007 Standard Upgrade - had no problems. I noticed that the install did not clear oiut 2003, so asked Microsoft what I should do. They sent me a link to a Microsoft Install Cleanup and suggested I use this to get rid of Office 2003. The link worked, or so I thought... now I cannot get to any of my files -- nothing works on 2007. I do not believe the 2007 installed correctly. I let Microsoft know of the new problem and they are suggesting I change my registry keys -- I am not feeling good about this. What to do? I cannot use Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint (nor Publisher 2007, which was an earlier separate install independent of Office 2007 -- and it was working fine before now).
1 answer Last reply
More about office 2007 standard upgrade install problems
  1. The simple solution would be to uninstall both versions of Office via the control panel (you will not lose your files- even though you should back them all up, including your outlook items) and then re-install office 2007.
Ask a new question

Read More

Products Office 2007 Microsoft