ugh, mouse movement!

On the screen that has "New," "Load," "Options," etc. etc., the mouse
moves very smoothly and consistenly. But once I'm in the game, it goes a
lot slower. Is there anything specific I can do to make it move smoother
and maybe quicker in the game?
5 answers Last reply
More about mouse movement

    Ok, I figured part of it out. In order for NWN to use the same mouse
    speed as Windows, I have to enable the "Mouse Hardware" option in the
    configuration settings. But the problem with this is that the hand icon
    flashes in the game when I have this option enabled. Is there any
    tweaking I can do to my mouse settings that would stop it from flashing?

    "John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Ok, I figured part of it out. In order for NWN to use the same mouse
    > speed as Windows, I have to enable the "Mouse Hardware" option in the
    > configuration settings. But the problem with this is that the hand icon
    > flashes in the game when I have this option enabled. Is there any
    > tweaking I can do to my mouse settings that would stop it from flashing?
    >
    > John Salerno wrote:
    >
    > > On the screen that has "New," "Load," "Options," etc. etc., the mouse
    > > moves very smoothly and consistenly. But once I'm in the game, it goes a
    > > lot slower. Is there anything specific I can do to make it move smoother
    > > and maybe quicker in the game?

    John, have you updated to the latest version of the game. The problem
    you're describing was fixed early in the patches.

    Windigo

    Windigo wrote:

    > John, have you updated to the latest version of the game. The problem
    > you're describing was fixed early in the patches.

    Yes, everything is up-to-date. I don't think that's the problem. I went
    to the tech support and for the problems of "Cursor flickers" and
    "Cursor is sluggish," the suggestion was to disable mouse hardware
    (although my cursor is sluggish when hardware *is* disabled).

    So I either have to deal with a smooth, flickering cursor, or a sluggish
    but clear one. :(
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    > Windigo wrote:
    >
    > > John, have you updated to the latest version of the game. The problem
    > > you're describing was fixed early in the patches.
    >
    > Yes, everything is up-to-date. I don't think that's the problem. I went
    > to the tech support and for the problems of "Cursor flickers" and
    > "Cursor is sluggish," the suggestion was to disable mouse hardware
    > (although my cursor is sluggish when hardware *is* disabled).
    >
    > So I either have to deal with a smooth, flickering cursor, or a sluggish
    > but clear one. :(

    Is it just your mouse or the whole game being sluggish... ?

    --
    Hiddenson
    "That which does not kill you makes you stronger."

    Hiddenson wrote:

    > Is it just your mouse or the whole game being sluggish... ?

    Good question, because now I'm not so sure. When I have mouse hardware
    enabled, there is definitely a problem with the mouse cursor flickering.
    But the game itself seems to be sluggish when I'm outdoors. The cursor
    moves badly and the screen does not rotate well, even with the arrow
    keys. My character also does not run smoothly. Indoors is just fine.
    I've turned down a few graphics settings, but that didn't seem to help
    much. Maybe I'll have to turn them down more.

Mice Games Video Games