decrypting EFS

i have encrypted a folder in my windows 2000 computer with EFS. When i sign
on as local administrator on this computer i am able to view and these
encrypted files.
How can i prevent others from viewing my encrypted files if they managed to
get hold of the administrator password?
thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about decrypting

    "" wrote:
    > i have encrypted a folder in my windows 2000 computer with
    > EFS. When i sign
    > on as local administrator on this computer i am able to view
    > and these
    > encrypted files.
    > How can i prevent others from viewing my encrypted files if
    > they managed to
    > get hold of the administrator password?
    > thanks

    You carnt, the clever thing to do would be to not let them have the
    administrator password, you could of course do it the long way, and
    spend the time deleteing the encyption certificate befor you logoff,
    and then carrying it around with you on a disk of some kind, then
    importing the certificate again, but thats a realy anoying method.

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-decrypting-EFS-ftopict420747.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1406635

    i noticed that in the administrator profile, there is a "file recovery"
    cert is this cert used to decrypt my files?

Computers Microsoft Windows 2000 Windows