decrypting EFS

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
September 14, 2005 3:58:27 AM

i have encrypted a folder in my windows 2000 computer with EFS. When i sign
on as local administrator on this computer i am able to view and these
encrypted files.
How can i prevent others from viewing my encrypted files if they managed to
get hold of the administrator password?
thanks

More about : decrypting efs

September 14, 2005 3:58:28 AM

"" wrote:
> i have encrypted a folder in my windows 2000 computer with
> EFS. When i sign
> on as local administrator on this computer i am able to view
> and these
> encrypted files.
> How can i prevent others from viewing my encrypted files if
> they managed to
> get hold of the administrator password?
> thanks

You carnt, the clever thing to do would be to not let them have the
administrator password, you could of course do it the long way, and
spend the time deleteing the encyption certificate befor you logoff,
and then carrying it around with you on a disk of some kind, then
importing the certificate again, but thats a realy anoying method.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-decrypt...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1406635
September 14, 2005 3:58:28 AM

i noticed that in the administrator profile, there is a "file recovery"
cert is this cert used to decrypt my files?
!