Administrator Password Help

January 31, 2005 10:53:03 PM

In trying to do the right thing to protect my computer, I decided to set up
an Administrator acount to control uploads and downloads. The problem is
that I forgot the Admin password and I have no idea how to reset or override
it. I have virus problems and need to be able to run Norton live updates.
Please help!

Sincerely,
Locked out

More about : administrator password

Anonymous
January 31, 2005 11:58:20 PM

Try this link from Kelly's Korner:
http://www.lostpassword.com/windows-xp-2000-nt.htm

"kquattry" <kquattry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 88CC1A2-895B-4318-8C6E-24EED3AC59A5@microsoft.com...
> In trying to do the right thing to protect my computer, I decided to set
> up
> an Administrator acount to control uploads and downloads. The problem is
> that I forgot the Admin password and I have no idea how to reset or
> override
> it. I have virus problems and need to be able to run Norton live updates.
> Please help!
>
> Sincerely,
> Locked out
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 4:42:20 PM

kquattry wrote:
> In trying to do the right thing to protect my computer, I decided to
> set up an Administrator acount to control uploads and downloads. The
> problem is that I forgot the Admin password and I have no idea how to
> reset or override it.

Try http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ or
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

You should also take a look at the recent postings before asking a question.
This question has been answered plenty of times.
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 5:44:45 PM

kquattry wrote:

>In trying to do the right thing to protect my computer, I decided to set up
>an Administrator acount to control uploads and downloads. The problem is
>that I forgot the Admin password and I have no idea how to reset or override
>it.

If that is 'an' Admin account, ie a user one with Admin status, this is
where the hidden account called 'Administrator' comes in. Boot, hitting
F8 as BIOS info goes to black to get the Menu and take Safe Mode. That
should then at 'Welcome' include an icon for 'Administrator'; if not hit
CTL-ALT-DEL twice to get a logon dialog, enter the explicit name
Administrator
and assume that password is null, so Enter immediately. From that,
Start - Run and run
control userpasswords2
and you can select any user account and Reset Password