How is alienware warranty

84b18

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
I want to buy an alienware MX11 and purchase 4 years of the advanced warranty. Does there warranty work well or is it not worth the money?

It's just the same as Dell's warranty. We've had Dell computers for years and if something has gone wrong, Dell has honored the warranties to the T. I don't think that you'll have a problem with a 4 year warranty.

84b18

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
thank you very much for the quick reply, does anybody have experience with a best buy warranty,extended service plan?

eldrad398

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
I have owned an Alienware computer for the past year and a half. Early Febuaury it broke and I shipped it to Alienware's repair center in Florida. Early March Alienware was bought by Dell. Weeks past, then months. It's been two months since the last update on my computer's status, and over a third of a year since I've last seen my computer. Their technical support is only allowed to transfer me to Mr. Miguel Ortiz's voice mail, of the Dell Critical Issues Team, and he has refused to respond to over thirty emails and fifty voice mails spaced over the past month and a half. Let me repeat that. Their technical support team has told me that they will be fired if they don't transfer me to that voice mail. They are not allowed to tell me what's going on with my computer or why it's taking so long to replace a motherboard.

It was a good computer when it worked. But the customer service has't been 'out of this world', but more, 'people in Costa Rica that can't help me.'