Optical Mouse

Is there something about an optical mouse that I don't
know about? I have used 2 different ones (a wired mouse
and a wireless mouse) and I get the same result - the
pointer jumps unexpectedly, usually to a corner of the
screen. What can I do to correct this?

John
3 answers Last reply
More about optical mouse

    On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 07:57:12 -0800, John wrote:

    > Is there something about an optical mouse that I don't
    > know about? I have used 2 different ones (a wired mouse
    > and a wireless mouse) and I get the same result - the
    > pointer jumps unexpectedly, usually to a corner of the
    > screen. What can I do to correct this?
    >
    > John

    Experiment with different surfaces. If the surface is too reflective or
    does not have many variations in color, the cursor activity could be
    erratic. Some folks use a piece of floor tile or an old fashioned mouse pad
    if they have a glass or a solid color desktop.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Thanks, Sharon,

    I'll try your suggestions.

    John

    John wrote:
    > Is there something about an optical mouse that I don't
    > know about? I have used 2 different ones (a wired mouse
    > and a wireless mouse) and I get the same result - the
    > pointer jumps unexpectedly, usually to a corner of the
    > screen. What can I do to correct this?
    >
    > John

    All I can say is that I haven't seen that with mine under XP Home.
    There are a very few cases where mine won't work (e.g. a clear glass
    table top), but I've never seen it become erratic like that.

    It's an old Logitech Wheelmouse if that helps.

    Good luck...

    Bill

Mice Microsoft Wireless Mouse Windows XP