thermal interface material on AMD stock hsf

How good is the thermal interface material that comes slathered on the bottom of a stock AMD hsf? Has anybody used the stuff before out of curiosity?
5 answers Last reply
More about thermal interface material stock
  1. Quote:
    How good is the thermal interface material that comes slathered on the bottom of a stock AMD hsf? Has anybody used the stuff before out of curiosity?

It's very effective with the copper pipe HSF. I don't OC much (210HT) but it keeps my chip nice and cool.
  2. Quote:

Unless you plan to overclock quite a lot it'll be perfectly fine. AMD's stock HSF is pretty good.
  3. Quote:

While AS5 is the star performer, mostly all other products perform only 1-2°C better. However, I'd advice you to reapply another product because that of the stock heatsinks looks somehow thicker than it should be.
  4. That compound you're talking about is quite good actually and I would use it more often if there was not already arctic silver 5.It transfers heat very efficiantly so no worries ok.Goodluck.

Dahak

AMD X2-4400+@2.533 S-939
    EVGA NF4 SLI MB
    2X EVGA 7800GT IN SLI
    2X1GIG DDR IN DC MODE
    WD300GIG HD
    EXTREME 19IN.MONITOR 1280X1024
    ACE 520WATT PSU
    COOLERMASTER MINI R120
  5. in my testing it is same as as5 or the white stuff.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs AMD