Robocopy to migrate?

I need to migrate a FoxPro database to another server. I want to first
copy the data over, and test it, then copy anything that changed on the
production data over, but leave the unchanged files. I think I can
probably use Robocopy to do this if I use it like this - is that right?

robocopy src dest * /E /COPYALL /Z /XO

Thanks in advance!

dylan.

enkidu

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2002

dylan.roehrig@gmail.com wrote:
> I need to migrate a FoxPro database to another server. I want to first
> copy the data over, and test it, then copy anything that changed on the
> production data over, but leave the unchanged files. I think I can
> probably use Robocopy to do this if I use it like this - is that right?
>
> robocopy src dest * /E /COPYALL /Z /XO
>
> Thanks in advance!

/X0 will stop copying the file if the file on the dest is
the same or newer than the source. If you have tested using
the dest files, the file on the dest *will* be newer. You
don't want /X0. I would not do copyall because it will copy
the security information which you probably don't want
(unless you are *sure* that's what you want).

"By default Robocopy will only copy a file if the source and
destination have different time stamps or different file sizes."

You don't need the '*', which should more properly be "*.*"
which is the default anyway.

Cheers,

Cliff