Wrong logon screen shown after sleeping.

I have just had to re-install my windows, because of an ATI video problem. I
reinstalled it over the last one, and the installer supposedly removed it
prior to this [I have reservations about this].

My problem is this:

1] I want the windows logon screen to show, with the pictures, when the pc
logs on for the first time or after it goes to sleep and you move the mouse.

2] This works fine from boot up or when I manually lock the PC, using
"windows-ley & L" But when it goes to sleep after the screen saver, and I
move the mouse, the logon screen is the type you see when logging onto a
domain [old windows]

3] I have tried disabling and re-enabling quick user switching and logon
types in the control panel under "change how users log on" - no luck.... 8-(

My thoughts are that there is a corrupt entry in the registry. Thoughts or
direction as to where I can fix this.

Thx.
Russ.

Hi Russ,

This is normal if you have only one user account displayed in the Welcome
Screen (or if only one user account is available in the system). If that's
the case, the Screensaver tab will read "On resume, Password protect" rather
than "On resume, display Welcome Screen".

This is irrespective of the Fast User Switching status.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"ChAnDeRu" <ChAnDeRu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just had to re-install my windows, because of an ATI video problem.
> reinstalled it over the last one, and the installer supposedly removed it
> prior to this [I have reservations about this].
>
> My problem is this:
>
> 1] I want the windows logon screen to show, with the pictures, when the pc
> logs on for the first time or after it goes to sleep and you move the
> mouse.
>
> 2] This works fine from boot up or when I manually lock the PC, using
> "windows-ley & L" But when it goes to sleep after the screen saver, and I
> move the mouse, the logon screen is the type you see when logging onto a
> domain [old windows]
>
> 3] I have tried disabling and re-enabling quick user switching and logon
> types in the control panel under "change how users log on" - no luck....
> 8-(
>
> My thoughts are that there is a corrupt entry in the registry. Thoughts
> or
> direction as to where I can fix this.
>
> Thx.
> Russ.