one 2kpro machine slow to open network shares ?

Scott

Hi,

One windows 2000 pro client on my 2003 ad domain is very very slow to load
My Computer &/or open a network share. All other (XP) clients on network are
great. On the offending 2k pro machine i have run "net use" to and deleted
any redundant shares. Apart from this i don't know what to do. The machine
spec in question is not great but it shouldn't be this slow (i.e 2.0 mhz
cpu, 768 ram, 100mb nic, plenty of disk space). All servers running on
gigabit Ethernet. This 2kpro machine also runs Norton av corporate edition
but all other clients run same app with exactly the same app settings.

Any ideas ?

i.e takes approx 30 seconds to open network drive from My Computer on
entering drive letter in window.

Thanks for any advice.
Scott

Mike

Splendid

Scott, try this but may not be the answer in your case. Make sure the Primary
DNS suffix is the same as the other PC's.