Windows Explorer start folder

How do I set Explorer to open a certain folder (e.g., c:\ rather than My
Documents) when it starts up? Hope there's a simple answer :-)

Paul
2 answers Last reply
More about windows explorer start folder

    On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 11:19:02 -0800, stumped wrote:

    > How do I set Explorer to open a certain folder (e.g., c:\ rather than My
    > Documents) when it starts up? Hope there's a simple answer :-)
    >
    > Paul

    Create a shortcut to explorer.exe. In the properties, edit the target path
    so that it looks like this:

    C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /e,<type the path to the folder here>

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Hi Paul,

    By default, Windows Explorer always opens with My Documents. Customize it by
    changing the properties for the Windows Explorer icon and replace the Target
    field with: %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e, c:\yourfolder

    1. Right click on the icon you use to launch Explorer and select Properties.
    2. In the Target box, type (or replace the existing text with) the
    following:

    %SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe /e, path

    Where in place of path above you should enter the actual path to the
    directory you want open by default. For example C:\Windows, or C:\Documents
    and Settings, etc. To have My Computer listed as the default selection, type
    explorer.exe /e,

    Explorer.exe Command-Line Options for Windows XP

    Customize the Windows Explorer Views in Windows XP

    Have Windows Explorer Default to the %SystemRoot% Drive When Started:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=257518

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "stumped" <stumped@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How do I set Explorer to open a certain folder (e.g., c:\ rather than My
    > Documents) when it starts up? Hope there's a simple answer :-)
    >
    > Paul

Windows Explorer Microsoft Explorer Windows XP