NEED HELP --- 8800 GTS

Darksolace

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2007
I am building my new gaming rig and I am purchasing/have already purchased the following products.

C2D 6300

Intel DG965WH mobo

Corsair XMS2 2 Gig CAS latency 4 2.1v

Asus 8800 GTS

My problem I am having is I need a power supply for this setup and the ppl here on the forums are stating that the 8800 needs at least 30 amps on the 12v rail. The ones I have been looking at, namely these 2...

This one

and

This one

only have 24 amp rails. I have heard that ppl with 8800 set-ups are having problems where it won't even boot or if it does it crashes because of the amperage.

Bottom line is, I want to buy a power supply so I can get my very expensive and very nice system running. I want to spend in the less than $120 price range.

Will this power supply work for me?

Darksolace

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2007
Well then my other thing to point out would be that psu only is 430 watts, I don't think that is enough to power that system.

Am I wrong?

I am eventually going to be purchasing a sli board and putting another GTS in it.... I want to buy something I can use in the future.

PS. I checked the reviews for the ones you stated and they blatantly say they have problems with my mobo, that is scary.