Sign in with
Your question

Bios settings on gigabyte GA-945P S3 with Conroe

Last response: in Overclocking
January 11, 2007 8:55:33 PM

Hi everyone -

I've got the below configuration and I want to overclock it with default cooling,
can anybody post the correct settings in bios to get this core 2 duo to run at 2.4 to 2.6 ghz?, I' don't want to use the gigabyte easytune software I would presfer a stable bios setting, any setting I choose in bios never stays it just keeps loading defaults, any help really appreciated.

OCZ Technology Powersupply ATX/EPS 700W
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13GHz Socket, LGA775, 2MB
TwinMOS DDR2 PC5300 2048MB DDR2 PC5300 1024MB CL5
Gigabyte GA-945P-S3, I945P, Socket-775
January 14, 2007 5:48:12 AM

I have the exact same configuration... different RAM, but it should all be the same. Note: I'm running into problems with my PCIE SATA-RAID card not working when I overclock... for some reason the manual PCI-E bus speed setting doesn't seem to be doing what I think it should. That being said, everything else runs great With a stock heatsink, I'm at 2.8ghz happily, and I think my limiting factor for posting above that is that PCI-E card. (argh!)

That being said, here's what I'm using:
(make sure to hit ctrl+f1 when you get into the bios to activate extra features)

advanced bios settings:
limit CPUID max to 3: DISABLED
C1E: DISABLED
TM2: DISABLED
EIST: DISABLED
(all of these control throttling down for heat's sake. not what you do when you OC!)
Virtualization: ENABLED

Motherboard Intelligent Tweaker (MIT):
CIA2: DISABLED
CPU Host Clock Control: ENABLED
CPU Host Freq: 350
PCI-E frequency: AUTO (or 100 if you like... as above i don't know if this works)
system memory multiplier: 2.0
CAS latency: 5
RAS to CAS delay: 5
RAS precharge: 5
Active to precharge delay: 12

----

Fidget with those numbers. If the system doesn't boot, the board will automagically disable your overclock settings and set you back to the default CPU and bus speeds. No biggie. Increment the bus speed by 5 or 10, and then see the results. If your memory frequency (a calculated number) gets above 800mhz you may have to up the DIMM and/or CPU voltage by .1 or .2. I don't need that extra boost yet, so I'm not even dealing with voltage beyond spec.

I'm pretty sure you can get those RAM settings to 4 4 4 12, but I have cheap RAM and I'm conservative. You could probably put bread in those slots and it would run at 5 5 5 12 :)  .

Good luck!
!