Doubt Cluster - Windows 2003

Hi all
Is possible to create a Windows 2003 cluster with 02 servers without a
storage device?

Example - Server 1 e Server 2:
I need that an application, locally installed in two servers, but started
only in Server 1, starts automatically in Server 2 if Server 1 stop to work.

NLB won´t work because, by design, the application cannot run in more than
01 computer at same time.

Tks in advance

Dan Pinheiro
Brasil - RJ

"Dan Pinheiro" <dan_apinheiro@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
> Is possible to create a Windows 2003 cluster with 02 servers without a
> storage device?
>
> Example - Server 1 e Server 2:
> I need that an application, locally installed in two servers, but started
> only in Server 1, starts automatically in Server 2 if Server 1 stop to
> work.
>
> NLB won´t work because, by design, the application cannot run in more than
> 01 computer at same time.
>
> Tks in advance
>
> Dan Pinheiro
> Brasil - RJ

Clusters do not work that way. They require shared storage. One node
controls a cluster resource (your application), and when that node fails for
some reason, the other node takes over and starts the application there. All
the applications data must be on the shared storage for continutity.

you might consider running 2 servers, and in the event of the failure of
one, you could change the DNS entry for the server so that the second server
takes over and services application requests. Its an ugly solution if you
asked me.

Hi "Nut Cracker"
Yes, there´s a way to do what I need. It´s possible to do using Majority
Node Set resource.
Tks
Dan Pinheiro.