Overclocking Questions

ReverendGadgetBoy

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
Well I'm pretty new to OCing, but I think I have some of the basics down. I have OCed my e6300 recently, to 400 fsb = 2.8 ghz. It runs perfectly stable, but I want more OC. Id like to reach 3 ghz if possible, which would be around 430 fsb, which to me doesnt seem too rediculous. I have the Asus p5W DH Deluxe motherboard, and 1 gig of Corsair XMS2 cas 4 ddr2-800 ram. I dont know whether it uses the microns or the promos. However, I cant get much above 400 fsb. At 415 it says Overclocking or Overvoltage failed. My vcore is at 1.360, and im running a 1:1 ratio. Is there anything else I can do to give me more OCing room?

Also, my timings are pretty awful right now, though im not entirely sure what they are. My mobo wont post if I change them from Auto. Even if i set them to 6-6-6-18, they wont post. I would like to be able to lower these, but i dont see what i can do if i cant even change them.

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
the board runs well at 380fsb - thats how i ship it! but i do not max the mch - 1 from the bottom it gets hot as it is at 380fsb

pull off the cover on the nb and put a fan on it to help cool it