Pocket Outlook Folder Corruption

April 7, 2005 3:24:28 PM

Device: Audiovox XV6600

Software: Windows Mobile 2003 SE 4.21.1008 (Build 14132)

Problem: The POutlook Drafts Folder was corrupted. I was
unable to open anything contained in it so I deleted
everything from the source. Unfortunately, the folder will
not get over written. I attempted to delete the entries
(mark/delete) and now the "Deleted" folder is corrupted.
The "Deleted" folder cannot be emptied since the option is
grayed out.

The other folders are fine and all of the data on the
servers are fine.

The solution from Verizon & Audiovox is to do a hard reset.
I'd like to not do that because I have a lot of apps to
reinstall/register. Audiovox suggested I post here for an
alternative.

1. Is there another way to reinitialize just those folders?
2. Is there a way to delete that POutlook account data
only using File Explorer or a similar product and keep the
other accounts defined to Pocket Outlook intact?
3. Is there a way to reinitialize all of the POutlook data
using File explorer or a similar product?
4. If I am forced to do a hard reset, how can I restore
without bringing back the corruption? I have Sprite
backups so is there a folder I can omit in the restore process?
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 4:37:47 PM

I'm not an expert on this, but I assume - correct me if
I'm wrong, that this folder is stored in rom? If it is,
a hard reset *should* fix this, and bring the folder back
to it's default (uncorupted) setting. However, I would
normaly say do a backup before doing a hard reset, but
you may just copy the problem over, do you have a
previous backup prior to the problem that you could
restore after you do a hard reset?

Again - I'm not an expert on this, so you may want to see
if someone else posts on this.

Good luck!
xfiler.

Anonymous
April 7, 2005 8:19:37 PM

I think the data would be in RAM but the product would
be in ROM.

Any MS employees out there to address this?
April 8, 2005 2:36:17 PM

Hi,

I tried to post this yesterday, but somehow it ended up in
the wrong place.

A databast editor like "Pocket dbExplorer" allows you to
empty the email database or simply remove the offending
items. I had similar problems and solved it this way.

Rocky

!