dragon

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I have two computers mine being the main connected together, both can go on
the internet and both have file sharing enabled but on the second computer
when I try to transfer files across to mine it wont let me, as I said both
have file sharing available and the firewall is set ok.

I can connect to the second computer through the main one no problem but
cant do it the other way, I have tried doing a new network and all the usual

any help please, ran adaware and all the anti virus to make sure and both
systems are clear

Help dave

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

How are the computers connected?

"Dragon" <davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>I have two computers mine being the main connected together, both can go on
>the internet and both have file sharing enabled but on the second computer
>when I try to transfer files across to mine it wont let me, as I said both
>have file sharing available and the firewall is set ok.
>
> I can connect to the second computer through the main one no problem but
> cant do it the other way, I have tried doing a new network and all the
> usual
>
> any help please, ran adaware and all the anti virus to make sure and both
> systems are clear
>
> Help dave

dragon

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Network cable, been ok for a whileter and transfer stuff to mine nop problem

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/troubleshoot/
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0204.mspx

--