How do you always start up with the same user?

jmf

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2004

I'm trying to find the place in Win2K where you set "automatically login
this user every time you start up the machine, with this password."

Can somebody tell me where that is?

Thanks,

John

Control Panel|Users and Passwords, then uncheck the box for "Users must
enter a user name and password to use this computer"

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"JMF" wrote:
| I'm trying to find the place in Win2K where you set "automatically login
| this user every time you start up the machine, with this password."
|
| Can somebody tell me where that is?
|
| Thanks,
|
| John

Go to Network COnnections ->Advanced (on the tool bar) and select
Network Identification. THe wizard will walk you through from there.

jmf

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2004

Great, thanks. Found it with those instructions.

(It sure is hard to find ...)

John

"Dave Patrick" <DSPatrick@nOsPAM.gmail.com> wrote in message
> Control Panel|Users and Passwords, then uncheck the box for "Users must
> enter a user name and password to use this computer"
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "JMF" wrote:
> | I'm trying to find the place in Win2K where you set "automatically login
> | this user every time you start up the machine, with this password."
> |
> | Can somebody tell me where that is?
> |
> | Thanks,
> |
> | John

You're welcome.