why there's a process "IEXPLORE.EXE" at the initial startup?

In the beginning there's no such process, but since a week ago I find
such a process starts every time I boot my win2k machine. The name is
exactly the same as MS' web browser, but I can't find it's window. I
checked my startup items and services, there should be no such process.
Other things looking normal, I can open and close IE or other things.
If I try to stop this process, it prompts "Access is denied", even if
I'm the administrator.
What's wrong?
Thank you guys, help me.

Could be this one, or any number of others.

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_LOVGATE.E&VSect=T

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional