windows 2000 access floppy drive everytime on log on.

master

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2004

hi,
i meet a strange problem, lately, i just installed the windows 2000 sp4
operating system into my computer, the problem it, everytime before the
OS presents the log on dialog box (after i start up the pc), it would
access my floppy drive. (making some sound, coz there is no floppy disk
inside it). maybe it tries to read something from the floppy drive. (i
guess)

could somebody help me with the above problem.
thank you

ps: i tried google already, but haven't found any workable result.

It might be your antivirus software.

--

Bill James
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

Windows VBScript Utilities » www.billsway.com/vbspage/
Windows Tweaks & Tips » www.billsway.com/notes_public/

"master" <masterkongfu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1127018703.892848.146220@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> hi,
> i meet a strange problem, lately, i just installed the windows 2000 sp4
> operating system into my computer, the problem it, everytime before the
> OS presents the log on dialog box (after i start up the pc), it would
> access my floppy drive. (making some sound, coz there is no floppy disk
> inside it). maybe it tries to read something from the floppy drive. (i
> guess)
>
> could somebody help me with the above problem.
> thank you
>

> ps: i tried google already, but haven't found any workable result.

master

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2004

hi bill,
thanks for reply,

em... i clean install the win2k.
and no yet install any program or anti virus software.