Sign in with
Your question

ATI R600 PICS

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 12, 2007 1:38:37 AM

Does anyone have ati r600 pics at ces........besides the bs given by level 505 wich is a brand new site and now way in hell have their hands on a 600.!!!! :evil: 

More about : ati r600 pics

January 12, 2007 1:54:29 AM

not saying that site has the card, but they cant have it just because its a new site?
January 12, 2007 2:01:14 AM

there is now way thats the only site that has it
they bs benches
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 12, 2007 2:08:30 AM

latest rumors are that r600 is coming out mid march.
January 12, 2007 2:11:32 AM

i believe that's just your pesimism, and stop using now for no.
January 12, 2007 2:15:50 AM

nice thred title....

i wanted pics :evil: 
January 12, 2007 2:49:57 AM

Yeah, bastard got me too.
January 12, 2007 2:59:02 AM

useless thread

Quote:
stop using now for no.

lol
January 12, 2007 8:42:00 AM

Inquirer had pic, but they removed for some reason :?
January 12, 2007 9:58:03 PM

phamily stfu big deal
January 12, 2007 10:36:35 PM

lol, it is a very big deal.

Do you want to look like an uneducated nubcake, or an educated computer aficionado?

Your pick.

As far as the r600 goes, it was at ces, but no results, pictures or new information about it have been released. There were 2 r600 boards at CES from Asus and they were only able to be seen by the most important figures in the industry.

It definately wasn't the final version, it was just a quick preview, seeing as how AMD/ATI is working hard on the FINAL "A14" spin atm.

Current Details from the INQ:
The r600's aren't going to hit the market until some time around Cebit (Mid march). You should however start to see screenshots, pcb pictures and final r600 board information shortly beofre that time (late feb/early march).

~3lfk1ng
January 12, 2007 11:16:09 PM

heres a diagram...

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=4461
They're saying 12 inches for oem's and 9 inches for end users, that's odd. The press it seems will be getting it February 28th.
January 12, 2007 11:19:55 PM

January 12, 2007 11:26:24 PM

Quote:
heres a diagram...

They're saying 12 inches for oem's and 9 inches for end users, that's odd. The press it seems will be getting it February 28th.

So, in oem version, it will come with a full tower case and a power plant attached? :lol: 
January 12, 2007 11:49:01 PM

Heh. Make sure you have a drive bay clear. This thing will be poking out through it.
January 13, 2007 12:50:37 AM

and i thought my 8800GTS was long compared to my old 7900GT...

Hopefully the revisions of the R600 and 8800's will be SMALLER.
a b U Graphics card
January 13, 2007 12:58:56 AM

This diagram looks like as if the card is made for Dell, because
if you check out some those high end Dell machines, you'll see those
custom handles which holds the cards in place. So maybe that thing
add's a good 3inches to the length?

Anyone notices the power connectors?

It seems you will need a 8-pin and a 6-pin!
And on the left-side of the 8-pin is that a optional
4-pin?! 8O
January 13, 2007 3:54:37 AM

Regardless, the thing looks like someone took an X1950XT and pulled on it as hard as they could, then slapped a 7900GTX cooler on it.
January 13, 2007 4:04:19 AM

Well you know what they say about size...

Seriously they're gonna be missing out on a lot of mid tower case users' business if they don't start making these cards smaller :roll:
a b U Graphics card
January 13, 2007 4:37:06 AM

Quote:
heres a diagram...

So, in oem version, it will come with a full tower case and a power plant attached? :lol: 

this is a sad thing for ATi :( 

could AMD/ATi get things any worse?
a b U Graphics card
January 13, 2007 5:20:51 AM

Quote:
This diagram looks like as if the card is made for Dell, because
if you check out some those high end Dell machines, you'll see those
custom handles which holds the cards in place. So maybe that thing
add's a good 3inches to the length?

Anyone notices the power connectors?

It seems you will need a 8-pin and a 6-pin!
And on the left-side of the 8-pin is that a optional
4-pin?! 8O

Obviously a poor mockup, but I can't believe you'd reference Dell. When did you last get Delled? Did it hurt?

Full-length cards include a bracket to support the weight on the front edge, they've been used in nearly everyone's systems at one point or another, and most decent cases used to support them. Even Inwin and Enlight cases.

Full length cards aren't common any longer, not even in servers, but servers are still usually equiped for them. I haven't seen PC cases so equiped in a while.
January 13, 2007 5:52:52 AM

Looking at the diagram, it seems to me as though only the red part is PCB - the silver chunk on the right is a fan mount / support thang for OEM use. Hopefully they come up with a HSF that takes up only the space occupied by the Heatpipe cooler shown. Seems to have a hunger for power, though, if all those plugs are really necessary. Maybe I can just dry the kid's mittens and boots with it to help justify the cost.
January 13, 2007 6:34:58 AM

You guys are halarious, I think most of you guys read it wrong.

"12 INCH FOR OEM....9 inch for users." -sounds kinky but I'm talking about the r600.

That means when the board gets released it will be the same exact size as the 8800gtx, no reason to get worried.

Need I remind you all that the board uses a 12 layer pcb and that means that it is shrunk by a huge amount. The OEM is most likely a 9 layer, that would be my guess.

Anyways, I hope this clears some things up.
January 13, 2007 12:07:27 PM

well, in fact 9 inches is the size of a gts, not a gtx. A gtx is 11" and it won´t fit in my TT Eclipse case because of hdd disposal. So if it comes with gtx dimensions, problems may continue for some.
If it comes with nine, cool, that will fit every mid tower
a b U Graphics card
January 13, 2007 2:14:56 PM

BTW, it isn't so strange that the OEM version would be longer, OEM's can choose a case that supports full-length cards. They'd use the same PCB but a different cooler.

What this means is that the OEM version would have the front edge supported, making it a superior solution for such a heavy card. The retail version, on the other hand, would sacrifice mechanical support for increased case compatibility.
January 13, 2007 4:59:57 PM

Is that four heat pipes I see? 8O
a b U Graphics card
January 15, 2007 3:35:22 PM

Crash, if the mock-up is even slightly representative of the real-thing, then the extra 3 inches looks like HSF intake only, so it would be to help cases not designed for the thermal load, and also for servers that want to use this for their co-processing GPGPUs.

I don't doubt it'd be a big card, considering the trace density required for 512bit support for the memory, but really does it matter for people who truely want the best? How many people (people who aren't knobs) go "oh well I can afford the GTX and want it, and even neeed it with my 30" Samsung, but it's too long for my old 1997 LianLi case." ?

I know how you feel about the average SFF user with big cards, but IMO you're about to get even more people whinning and moaning, just like the knobs who whine and moan about high end cards and their power requirements, as if 3/4 of a billion tansistors run on hopes and dreams not watts of electrons.
a b U Graphics card
January 15, 2007 7:40:19 PM

Yeh, I noticed, and just as the 8800GTX is too heavy, so will the R600 be. Which is why extending the cooler to make the card full-length makes sense for cases that support full-length cards.
a b U Graphics card
January 15, 2007 8:50:07 PM

Yeah reminds me of the old CardKeepers we kinda scoffed at at the time.

Might be a need for them after all;

http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/02/25/cardkeeper/

Kinda sad though, but I'd never complain about added performance, just not something I'd buy, but glad there's people out there that will in order to push the envelope.
a b U Graphics card
January 15, 2007 9:58:15 PM

Quote:
Yeah reminds me of the old CardKeepers we kinda scoffed at at the time.

Might be a need for them after all;

http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/02/25/cardkeeper/

Kinda sad though, but I'd never complain about added performance, just not something I'd buy, but glad there's people out there that will in order to push the envelope.

damn didnt know they even made those.

i would rather use a stick of wood to prop under the card.
!