Remove the Which operating question at boot

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

Everything says to modify Boot.ini, but under no circumstances can I find
Boot.ini. And yes, Show HIdden files is checked.

I so want to get rid of that message, change the time, etc. But I can't!

Please help!

"Daniel Kaplan" <NoSPam@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
> Everything says to modify Boot.ini, but under no circumstances can I find
> Boot.ini. And yes, Show HIdden files is checked.
>
> I so want to get rid of that message, change the time, etc. But I can't!
>
> Please help!

boot.ini is indeed the file you need to modify.

boot.ini is also a System file, so you need to uncheck
"Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" as well.

And while you're in that area you may want to remove the checkmark from:
"Hide file extensions for known file types".

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

You can edit the boot.ini file from Start > Run, then enter "c:\boot.ini" w/o
the quotes, and remove the duplicate entry or simply do this:

Control Panel > System > Advanced [tab] > Startup and Recovery [button]. In the
System Startup section, select the configuration that boots properly from the
drop down list.

Uncheck "Display list of operating systems.....". Click on OK till you're out.

"Daniel Kaplan" <NoSPam@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
> Everything says to modify Boot.ini, but under no circumstances can I find
> Boot.ini. And yes, Show HIdden files is checked.
>
> I so want to get rid of that message, change the time, etc. But I can't!
>
> Please help!

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> Everything says to modify Boot.ini, but under no circumstances
> can I find
> Boot.ini. And yes, Show HIdden files is checked.
>
> I so want to get rid of that message, change the time, etc.
> But I can't!
>
> Please help!

So what happens when you open notepad, go to your boot drive (normaly
C:, but it could be diffrent) and type "boot.ini" and click open?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Remove-operating-boot-ftopict422858.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1414711

"Sparda" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message

> So what happens when you open notepad, go to your boot drive (normaly
> C:, but it could be diffrent) and type "boot.ini" and click open?

yes, that worked, thanks to all who help me