Windows 2000 Installation. Need service pack 2 CD

I am trying to re-install Windows 2000 Professional for a friend. During the
installation, the setup asks for a Windows 2000 service pack 2 CD. My friend
does not have this CD, and does not ever remember having it. Microsoft no
longer offers this CD. They only offer the self extracting file.

Is there any way that I might obtain a copy of this CD?

Thanks,

Kirk Matheson
1 answer Last reply
More about windows 2000 installation service pack

    You can download it here (network install) then extract the files without
    installing by executing;
    w2ksp2.exe /x

    http://www.microsoft.com/Windows2000/downloads/servicepacks/sp2/download.asp

    To do a clean install, either boot the Windows 2000 install CD-Rom or setup
    disks. The set of four install disks can be created from your Windows 2000
    CD-Rom; change to the \bootdisk directory on the CD-Rom and execute
    makeboot.exe (from dos) or makebt32.exe (from 32 bit) and follow the
    prompts.

    Be sure to apply these to your new install before connecting to any network.

    http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/6/A/E6A04295-D2A8-40D0-A0C5-241BFECD095E/W2KSP4_EN.EXE

    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Kirk" wrote:
    |I am trying to re-install Windows 2000 Professional for a friend. During
    the
    | installation, the setup asks for a Windows 2000 service pack 2 CD. My
    friend
    | does not have this CD, and does not ever remember having it. Microsoft no
    | longer offers this CD. They only offer the self extracting file.
    |
    | Is there any way that I might obtain a copy of this CD?
    |
    | Thanks,
    |
    | Kirk Matheson

Windows 2000 CD-Rom Microsoft Windows