Windows 2000 Installation. Need service pack 2 CD

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
September 19, 2005 12:16:03 PM

I am trying to re-install Windows 2000 Professional for a friend. During the
installation, the setup asks for a Windows 2000 service pack 2 CD. My friend
does not have this CD, and does not ever remember having it. Microsoft no
longer offers this CD. They only offer the self extracting file.

Is there any way that I might obtain a copy of this CD?

Thanks,

Kirk Matheson
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 1:39:05 PM

You can download it here (network install) then extract the files without
installing by executing;
w2ksp2.exe /x

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows2000/downloads/servicep...

To do a clean install, either boot the Windows 2000 install CD-Rom or setup
disks. The set of four install disks can be created from your Windows 2000
CD-Rom; change to the \bootdisk directory on the CD-Rom and execute
makeboot.exe (from dos) or makebt32.exe (from 32 bit) and follow the
prompts.

Be sure to apply these to your new install before connecting to any network.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/6/A/E6A04295-D...
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03...
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03...

--