Unable to Open Html .CHM files after installing Updates.

Hi,
I am working on windows 2000 and was unable to open my html help
library's after installing the windows Updates in my machine.
Can anyone help me to resolve this problem

O/S : Windows 2000 Service pack 4 + SP rollup
IE : 6.0 SP1
regards
vijay
1 answer Last reply
More about unable open html files installing updates

    vijay.adu@gmail.com wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I am working on windows 2000 and was unable to open my html help
    > library's after installing the windows Updates in my machine.
    > Can anyone help me to resolve this problem
    >

    > O/S : Windows 2000 Service pack 4 + SP rollup
    > IE : 6.0 SP1
    Hi,

    Start with unregistering and registering hhctrl.ocx in a command
    prompt (cmd.exe) or from Start/Run:

    regsvr32 /u %windir%\system32\hhctrl.ocx
    regsvr32 %windir%\system32\hhctrl.ocx

    If that doesn't help, install this hotfix to see if that helps (unless
    you have Win2k SP4 or WinXP SP2 where this fix is included):

    HTML Help Update to Limit Functionality When It Is Invoked with the
    window.showHelp( ) Method

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

HTML Windows 2000 Windows