Unable to Open Html .CHM files after installing Updates.

Hi,
I am working on windows 2000 and was unable to open my html help
library's after installing the windows Updates in my machine.
Can anyone help me to resolve this problem

O/S : Windows 2000 Service pack 4 + SP rollup
IE : 6.0 SP1
regards
vijay

vijay.adu@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
> I am working on windows 2000 and was unable to open my html help
> library's after installing the windows Updates in my machine.
> Can anyone help me to resolve this problem
>

> O/S : Windows 2000 Service pack 4 + SP rollup
> IE : 6.0 SP1
Hi,

Start with unregistering and registering hhctrl.ocx in a command
prompt (cmd.exe) or from Start/Run:

regsvr32 /u %windir%\system32\hhctrl.ocx
regsvr32 %windir%\system32\hhctrl.ocx

If that doesn't help, install this hotfix to see if that helps (unless
you have Win2k SP4 or WinXP SP2 where this fix is included):

HTML Help Update to Limit Functionality When It Is Invoked with the
window.showHelp( ) Method

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: