Windows Explorer has lost directory tree view

Recently I have lost the ability to view the folder tree in the left pane of
windows explorer. It is the same whether I run from a shoertcut or directly
from the run command. The left hand pane that normally would display the
directory tree is greyed out with a close window x at the top. All other
functionality appears normal. I can open a search pane from control f and
various other options also work. I have tried changing the settings in
folder options and restoring defaults but nothing seems to work.

HELP PLEASE!!
Dave
3 answers Last reply
More about windows explorer lost directory tree view

    Copy the lines below into a file named 'IEReg.bat' and double click it to
    run it. This will reregister some DLLs for IE and the operating system.

    --------------------------------
    regsvr32 comcat.dll /s
    regsvr32 shdoc401.dll /s
    regsvr32 shdoc401.dll /i /s
    regsvr32 asctrls.ocx /s
    regsvr32 oleaut32.dll /s
    regsvr32 shdocvw.dll /I /s
    regsvr32 shdocvw.dll /s
    regsvr32 browseui.dll /s
    regsvr32 browseui.dll /I /s
    regsvr32 msrating.dll /s
    regsvr32 mlang.dll /s
    regsvr32 hlink.dll /s
    regsvr32 mshtmled.dll /s
    regsvr32 urlmon.dll /s
    regsvr32 plugin.ocx /s
    regsvr32 sendmail.dll /s
    regsvr32 scrobj.dll /s
    regsvr32 mmefxe.ocx /s
    regsvr32 corpol.dll /s
    regsvr32 jscript.dll /s
    regsvr32 msxml.dll /s
    regsvr32 imgutil.dll /s
    regsvr32 thumbvw.dll /s
    regsvr32 cryptext.dll /s
    regsvr32 rsabase.dll /s
    regsvr32 inseng.dll /s
    regsvr32 iesetup.dll /i /s
    regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll /s
    regsvr32 actxprxy.dll /s
    regsvr32 dispex.dll /s
    regsvr32 occache.dll /s
    regsvr32 occache.dll /i /s
    regsvr32 iepeers.dll /s
    regsvr32 urlmon.dll /i /s
    regsvr32 cdfview.dll /s
    regsvr32 webcheck.dll /s
    regsvr32 mobsync.dll /s
    regsvr32 pngfilt.dll /s
    regsvr32 licmgr10.dll /s
    regsvr32 icmfilter.dll /s
    regsvr32 hhctrl.ocx /s
    regsvr32 inetcfg.dll /s
    regsvr32 tdc.ocx /s
    regsvr32 MSR2C.DLL /s
    regsvr32 msident.dll /s
    regsvr32 msieftp.dll /s
    regsvr32 xmsconf.ocx /s
    regsvr32 ils.dll /s
    regsvr32 msoeacct.dll /s
    regsvr32 inetcomm.dll /s
    regsvr32 msdxm.ocx /s
    regsvr32 dxmasf.dll /s
    regsvr32 l3codecx.ax /s
    regsvr32 acelpdec.ax /s
    regsvr32 mpg4ds32.ax /s
    regsvr32 voxmsdec.ax /s
    regsvr32 danim.dll /s
    regsvr32 Daxctle.ocx /s
    regsvr32 lmrt.dll /s
    regsvr32 datime.dll /s
    regsvr32 dxtrans.dll /s
    regsvr32 dxtmsft.dll /s
    regsvr32 WEBPOST.DLL /s
    regsvr32 WPWIZDLL.DLL /s
    regsvr32 POSTWPP.DLL /s
    regsvr32 CRSWPP.DLL /s
    regsvr32 FTPWPP.DLL /s
    regsvr32 FPWPP.DLL /s
    regsvr32 wshom.ocx /s
    regsvr32 wshext.dll /s
    regsvr32 vbscript.dll /s
    regsvr32 scrrun.dll mstinit.exe /setup /s
    regsvr32 msnsspc.dll /SspcCreateSspiReg /s
    regsvr32 msapsspc.dll /SspcCreateSspiReg /s
    exit
    --------------------------------

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Brakeshoe" wrote:
    | Recently I have lost the ability to view the folder tree in the left pane
    of
    | windows explorer. It is the same whether I run from a shoertcut or
    directly
    | from the run command. The left hand pane that normally would display the
    | directory tree is greyed out with a close window x at the top. All other
    | functionality appears normal. I can open a search pane from control f and
    | various other options also work. I have tried changing the settings in
    | folder options and restoring defaults but nothing seems to work.
    |
    | HELP PLEASE!!
    | Dave

    Read the reply to your earlier posting.

    Bob I wrote:
    > Read the reply to your earlier posting.
    >
    > Brakeshoe wrote:
    >
    >> Recently I have lost the ability to view the folder tree in the left
    >> pane of windows explorer. It is the same whether I run from a
    >> shoertcut or directly from the run command. The left hand pane that
    >> normally would display the directory tree is greyed out with a close
    >> window x at the top. All other functionality appears normal. I can
    >> open a search pane from control f and various other options also
    >> work. I have tried changing the settings in folder options and
    >> restoring defaults but nothing seems to work.
    >> HELP PLEASE!!
    >> Dave

    Same here in all respects. Can't figure what has happened.
    Jack.

Windows Explorer Microsoft Command Prompt Windows