I have a problem when trying to VPN from my network to another VPN server.
The error message is "Error 678: There was no answer". When I dial up to
Internet oand connect to the same VPN server it is OK. I have requested my
ISP to open the PPTP, IPSEC and L2PT ports and there is still a problem.
Could someone please help?

Thanks
SS

"ssor" <ssor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a problem when trying to VPN from my network to another VPN server.
> The error message is "Error 678: There was no answer". When I dial up to
> Internet oand connect to the same VPN server it is OK. I have requested my
> ISP to open the PPTP, IPSEC and L2PT ports and there is still a problem.
> Could someone please help?
>
> Thanks
> SS

I suggest you use telnet to check if port 1723 is open.
There are also some known issues between VPN and
the Trend Internet Security firewall because that firewall
will not pass IP Protocol ID 47 (GRE - Generic Routing
Encapsulation).

Thanks for your reply. Telnet is working OK. I installed Winsock for ISA so
that I can ping the VPN server Ip address and then do the VPN. It seems that
the Winsock cannot pass PPTP traffic very well. Please confirm.