Installing 2 copies of NWN on one XP machine

If this has been covered in a different thread then i apoligize as i
searched quite thoroughly.

Im wanting to install 2 copies of neverwinter nights GOLD onto one
windows XP computer but when i put the cd in or run the install.exe
from the cd it asks me to play or if i want to uninstall neverwinter
nights. Could some one tell me the step by step process of how i need
to do this to install the second copy. thanks in advance for any help.

What im wanting to do is have one copy of the gold edition (neverwinter
nights + SoU) to play ONline, then another copy be HotU for OFFline play. I
have tried installing in two different windows profiles and that does not
work either.

"Michial" <michial222@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If this has been covered in a different thread then i apoligize as i
> searched quite thoroughly.
>
> Im wanting to install 2 copies of neverwinter nights GOLD onto one
> windows XP computer but when i put the cd in or run the install.exe
> from the cd it asks me to play or if i want to uninstall neverwinter
> nights. Could some one tell me the step by step process of how i need
> to do this to install the second copy. thanks in advance for any help.

Vellu

Why on earth would you need to install two copies? Not sure if it's even
possible.

"Michial" <michial222@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If this has been covered in a different thread then i apoligize as i
> searched quite thoroughly.
>
> Im wanting to install 2 copies of neverwinter nights GOLD onto one
> windows XP computer but when i put the cd in or run the install.exe
> from the cd it asks me to play or if i want to uninstall neverwinter
> nights. Could some one tell me the step by step process of how i need
> to do this to install the second copy. thanks in advance for any help.

Ok none of this really matters now because i found out i would need both SoU
and HotU installed to play on the PW server i was wanting to do this for and
my wife only has SoU. uggh. But thanks for all the help
"Michial" <michial222@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If this has been covered in a different thread then i apoligize as i
> searched quite thoroughly.
>
> Im wanting to install 2 copies of neverwinter nights GOLD onto one
> windows XP computer but when i put the cd in or run the install.exe
> from the cd it asks me to play or if i want to uninstall neverwinter
> nights. Could some one tell me the step by step process of how i need
> to do this to install the second copy. thanks in advance for any help.

Copy the installation folder to another location, then change any entries in
the .ini files to reflect the new path. All you do then is create a second
shortcut from the new folders to the NWN executable. Works fine like that -
I had to do it once when two different servers I play on were at different
patch levels.

Hope that helps, feel free to contact me if you get stuck.

"Michial" <sentry76@charter.net> wrote in

> What im wanting to do is have one copy of the gold edition
> (neverwinter nights + SoU) to play ONline, then another copy be HotU
> for OFFline play.

Unless you don't have a real HotU key, there's no reason to do this; HotU
can join any game that SoU can....

--
Andrew Timson
==============================

The reason i wanted to do this is because i have the store bought copy of
HotU and she does not have the expansion at all. I was letting her play the
official campaign of HotU offline on her comp and i play it ONline on my
comp. So we played her gold edition and my HotU when we play multiplayer
together and when she is playing single player she plays my HotU offline.
Sorry if i was confusing.

Andrew Timson wrote:

> Unless you don't have a real HotU key, there's no reason to do this; HotU
> can join any game that SoU can....

Really? Can three people play multiplayer if one has just basic NWN and
the other two have both expansions?

> Really? Can three people play multiplayer if one has just basic NWN and
> the other two have both expansions?

Yes, they can play basic NWN modules together.

KC Wong wrote:

>>Really? Can three people play multiplayer if one has just basic NWN and
>>the other two have both expansions?
>

> Yes, they can play basic NWN modules together.

Thanks! (I and a couple people I know are in that situation.)