help, my daughter downloaded yahoo messenger and I can't s..

help, my daughter downloaded yahoo messenger and I can't seem to remove it,
and it always loads itself at start up.

I thought I uninstalled it but every time I start up the computer it
reappears.

thanks,

jim
3 answers Last reply
More about help daughter downloaded yahoo messenger

    jim wrote:
    > help, my daughter downloaded yahoo messenger and I can't seem to remove it,
    > and it always loads itself at start up.
    >
    > I thought I uninstalled it but every time I start up the computer it
    > reappears.
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > jim

    Yahoo has a option to not load when your restart windows... when you
    open yahoo messinger look up top ( where your buddy list is) and click
    on messinger then preference..under the general area its the first
    option..uncheck the box

    if you are having problems removing the program thru the add and
    remove..you might have to download it again and install it then
    uninstall it..if you have high speed this is not a big deal..but dail
    up takes a while ( why they just don't let you download the file is
    beyound me..no wonder the net is so conjested)

    hope this helped
    Rich

    "jim" <jim@physics.purdue.edu> wrote in message

    > help, my daughter downloaded yahoo messenger and I can't seem to remove
    it,
    > and it always loads itself at start up.
    >
    > I thought I uninstalled it but every time I start up the computer it
    > reappears.

    Start -> Run ... type regedit -> OK

    Remove the yahoo messenger entry from

    its not a good Idea to play with the registery if u are
    inexperienced,,,one wrong move and it could screw up a few things...I
    think my method is better and SAFER

Yahoo Messenger Computers Microsoft Windows