Need Halp In Getting C&C95 to instal on XPpro!!!

Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer (More info?)

when i try it says thatthisprogram willnot load 16 bit or dos based
progs???
If someome out there can help me it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance......Dave
4 answers Last reply
More about need halp instal xppro
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer (More info?)

    is it cc which is hanging or the installer? i remember that the installer
    didn't work for me but when i installed it on a win9x machine and copied the
    game folder to the xp machine i had no problems with it.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer (More info?)

    "Dave" <rok@hsaw.ca> wrote in message
    > when i try it says thatthisprogram willnot load 16 bit or dos based
    > progs???
    > If someome out there can help me it would be greatly appreciated
    >
    > Thanks in advance......Dave

    Fireryone had posted an answer to this that i used (it is between the
    =======):
    Hi TC.
    Nice to see you here again. :-)

    You can get directions etc from www.ccfilezone.vze.com.
    The idea is to copy all files in the " 'Install' folder " to the C&C dir,
    install patch (and may also need to use win 95/98 compatibility).

    Well something along those lines as I haven't tried it myself. email the
    webmaster of the CC filezone if you more direct help | Travis:
    hak_the_planet2@hotmail.com |

    hope this helps
    fireryone

    you need the file CCGOLDXPPATCH.zip that can be found at the above web
    site. I also posted it at the newsgroup:

    alt.binaries.games.command-n-conq

    it includes the below instructions:

    Installation Instructions:

    Please copy the thipx32.dll file into your Command and Conquer game
    directory (C:WestwoodC&C). This will allow to play on Windows 2000/XP.

    To uninstall, please delete the thipx32.dll file.

    *Note* This patch will disable LAN play.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer (More info?)

    Dave wrote:

    > when i try it says thatthisprogram willnot load 16 bit or dos based
    > progs???
    > If someome out there can help me it would be greatly appreciated
    >
    > Thanks in advance......Dave

    The instructions on this page worked for me, except that I had to set /all/
    the install and setup .exe's to win95 compatibility mode (not just the one
    it says):

    http://www.planetcnc.com/features/techtroopers/classicsInXP/

    I am using XP home not Pro though - not sure if it makes a difference.

    --
    Ray
  4. The install will def stall, the game might:

    To install:

    Create a shortcut to the setup.exe file, use winXP compatibility to pretend it is using win95, run the install.

    To play:

    Try playing without any compatibility settings at first, but if you get any probs, then change the shortcuts that you use to launch the game to run in win95/win98 compatibility mode.

    Those links should give you the required step-by-step instructions on how to setup compatiblity mode (right click on a link, properties, compatibility) - let me know if they're not working.

    In the days of NT4 and win2000, I used to have a VMware install of win98, which would let me install the game, but then I could play the game in the normal OS (yes, even in NT4, jsut needed the "right" directX fudged install 8)).

    laters!

    LostBok

DOS Games Command Prompt Video Games