tuesday0180

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
Just ordered from newegg again. Ordered two items. A hard drive and some SD memory for my camera.

Both items are labeled as free shipping, but when I check out it shows $5.99 for shipping charge. I did live chat with a rep and she said Free shipping is for single items only. When you start to add two or more items together then the shipping charges changes. In my case it changed to $5.99. It doesn't make sense to me. I don't understand why there would be a $5.99 shipping charge if I buy both items(which were labeled as free shipping for both).

The reason I don't think the above scenario made any sense is because I was able to work around the $5.99 shipping. All I did was order each item separately. Placed the order for the hard drive, checked out and paid. Free shipping.

Then ordered the memory stick checked out and paid. Free shipping. So now instead of shipping both items in the same box to me they're sending the items to be separately. To me this doesn't make business sense for neweegg because they're being charged for shipping twice while I'm getting both items shipped free of charge.

Not upset at newegg. Just a bit confused about their shipping philosophy.

Feb 24, 2006

tuesday0180,

Thank you for posting your inquiry and I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Small items, such as those you ordered, are able to ship through our Egg saver shipping method. When your cart exceeds the weight requirement a message will appear directly under the shipping method in the cart:

"Due to weight restrictions, your shipping method and price have been adjusted." The cart will usually default to UPS and the apropriate charges will be required accordingly.

This link will also be provided: http://www.newegg.com/Info/FAQAboutShopping.aspx?FAQType=3

Unfortunately, multiple orders will currently need to be submitted to be able to utilize this shipping method, but we are working on ways around this. If you have any questions, feel free to PM us!

Thank You,
Newegg.com