Sign in with
Your question

HP 2570 drive and Windows 7 update problem

Last response: in Windows 7
July 1, 2011 5:05:15 PM

Hello,

I have my HP 2570 connected as a network printer through my router to my Desktop and my Laptop. Am using Windows 7 SP1. When I run Windows Update on my laptop, most times it shows a driver update for the 2570 as an optional update. It hasn't done this on the desktop since I installed the printer eons ago. The printer seems to work just fine on either machine.

View Update History on my laptop shows many installation of the driver -- too many to try to count.

Why does Windows Update offer the optional update as often as it does and what can I do to prevent it?

Thank you.

a b $ Windows 7
July 1, 2011 5:20:46 PM

Click on the little box on the left side of the update and select do not show. you can add it back in latter if you need to. Also you can set update to just notify when updates are ready and you can install them when you want to.
m
l
July 1, 2011 6:48:18 PM

almartin said:
Click on the little box on the left side of the update and select do not show. you can add it back in latter if you need to. Also you can set update to just notify when updates are ready and you can install them when you want to.

Thank you almartin. That will certainly cause it not to appear in the list. However it still leaves me not knowing why it happens on one machine (the laptop) and not the other. Can you shed any light on that?

Thanks again.
m
l
!