Act2, magical alchemy book products

So, I've completed 95% of the quests in OC Act2, almost ready to move on
irrevocably to Luskan... but am cleaning up some leftover quests before I go.
The one that's got me stymied, is using the information from the five tomes
to craft special items with.

I have all of the bones and berries and guts, etc., for putting in the box to
'ala-kazaam!' with spells... and I had the fireball and lightning scrolls (elven
rogue with some moderate spellcraft) to make the staff and wand with- but
I can't find the other three scrolls at any of the vendors, to save my life:

Endure Elements
Mage Armor
Improved Invisibility

Of course saving and quitting the game and restarting does not do any good,
to reshuffle the merchant's inventories... is there some other trick for doing
this that I can try, or am I hosed? If I'm hosed, what is it that I'm missing out
on, by not being able to craft those last three items? I'm presuming they are
a fixed, known quantity, the same result for everybody every time (?). Anything
an elven rogue just wouldn't want to live without? Or is it just more wands and
staves for spellcaster types?
-Marshall

Marshall wrote:

> So, I've completed 95% of the quests in OC Act2, almost ready to move on
> irrevocably to Luskan... but am cleaning up some leftover quests before I go.
> The one that's got me stymied, is using the information from the five tomes
> to craft special items with.
>
> I have all of the bones and berries and guts, etc., for putting in the box to
> 'ala-kazaam!' with spells... and I had the fireball and lightning scrolls (elven
> rogue with some moderate spellcraft) to make the staff and wand with- but
> I can't find the other three scrolls at any of the vendors, to save my life:
>
> Endure Elements
> Mage Armor
> Improved Invisibility

If you don't mind "cheating", you can spawn in the necessary scrolls
using the console. Make sure your cursor is pointing at some open,
accessible ground. Hit the backtick key (`), which, on US English
keyboards is directly to the left of the number 1 (one) key. You'll see
a prompt (>) in the upper left corner. Type (case sensitive)

DebugMode 1

and press Enter.

Now backtick again, and type

dm_spawnitem nw_it_sparscr101

and press Enter. A scroll of Endure Elements will appear under the
cursor. The codes for the others are: nw_it_sparscr408 for Improved
Invisibility and nw_it_sparscr104 for Mage Armor. I recall the Endure
Elements recipe produces a ring with some elemental resistance (very
nice), but I never made any of the others. I also seem to recall most
(if not all) the items produced both here and in the lab in Chapter 3
were available for purchase at merchants or found as treasure drops. :)
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications

If you insist on emailing me, remove all the **JUNK** first