error group policy acces denied

I am having a problem with a new client - some how the
Administrator cannot create a new policy or edit a
current group policy - I have searched high and low but
can not find were it is being denied access - please help
thanks!

creating a new policy I get the following error:
error group policy editor. you do not have permission...
access denied.

Jose

"anonymous-D" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<17bca01c41943$f6bb26a0$a401280a@phx.gbl>...
> I am having a problem with a new client - some how the
> Administrator cannot create a new policy or edit a
> current group policy - I have searched high and low but
> can not find were it is being denied access - please help
> thanks!
>
> creating a new policy I get the following error:
> error group policy editor. you do not have permission...
> access denied.

You prob have tried but just in case have you opened Users and
computers, selected advanced view and then checked the properties of
the domain. another thing is to \\domainname.com\sysvol and see if you
can access all the files and folders in there.

You have to give Full control permissions in sharing for sysvol folder.

This full control should be given to Domain Administrators and Domain Controller.