Kill... cat... must kill...

After hearing that !#$%!&#!$ squalling, caterwauling, annoying cat in Port Llast
for the umpty-thousandth time, it would greatly warm the cockles of my crusty
old thieves' heart, to cut its scrawny guts out and string them up a flagpole- with
it still alive and attached to them. A pity it's only a soundtrack, with no dissectable
avatar in the town :-(
-Marshall the thoroughly annoyed

"Marshall" <Marshall@nospam.com> wrote in message
> After hearing that !#$%!&#!$ squalling, caterwauling, annoying cat in Port
Llast
> for the umpty-thousandth time, it would greatly warm the cockles of my
crusty
> old thieves' heart, to cut its scrawny guts out and string them up a
flagpole- with
> it still alive and attached to them. A pity it's only a soundtrack, with
no dissectable
> avatar in the town :-(
> -Marshall the thoroughly annoyed

Sounds like a personal problem to me. What do you do to crying babies?

Windigo

"Marshall" <Marshall@nospam.com> wrote in message
> After hearing that !#$%!&#!$ squalling, caterwauling, annoying cat in Port
Llast
> for the umpty-thousandth time, it would greatly warm the cockles of my
crusty
> old thieves' heart, to cut its scrawny guts out and string them up a
flagpole- with
> it still alive and attached to them. A pity it's only a soundtrack, with
no dissectable
> avatar in the town :-(
> -Marshall the thoroughly annoyed

Turn of the sounds then evertime you go there....

"Insane Ranter" <whoo@hooo.me> wrote in message news:Vahqc.41339$U4.18602@bignews6.bellsouth.net...

> "Marshall" <Marshall@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > After hearing that !#$%!&#!$ squalling, caterwauling, annoying cat in Port
> Llast
> > for the umpty-thousandth time, it would greatly warm the cockles of my
> crusty
> > old thieves' heart, to cut its scrawny guts out and string them up a
> flagpole- with
> > it still alive and attached to them. A pity it's only a soundtrack, with
> no dissectable
> > avatar in the town :-(
> > -Marshall the thoroughly annoyed
> >

> Turn of the sounds then evertime you go there....

Nah, I still like the crickets ;-)
-Marshall

"Marshall" <Marshall@nospam.com> looked up from reading the entrails of

>After hearing that !#$%!&#!$ squalling, caterwauling, annoying cat in Port Llast
>for the umpty-thousandth time, it would greatly warm the cockles of my crusty
>old thieves' heart, to cut its scrawny guts out and string them up a flagpole- with
>it still alive and attached to them. A pity it's only a soundtrack, with no dissectable
>avatar in the town :-(
> -Marshall the thoroughly annoyed

Bah, the devs are twisted enough that if you could kill the cat you'd
end up being haunted by it's ghost and _never_ ever get away from the
sound.

Xocyll

lee

Xocyll wrote:

> Bah, the devs are twisted enough that if you could kill the cat you'd
> end up being haunted by it's ghost and _never_ ever get away from the
> sound.
>
> Xocyll

I so want that to be true ;)

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.

"Windigo" <windigonotat@paganplanet.comnot> wrote in message news:0Mhqc.34052$5a.26616@okepread03...

> "Marshall" <Marshall@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > After hearing that !#$%!&#!$ squalling, caterwauling, annoying cat in Port
> Llast
> > for the umpty-thousandth time, it would greatly warm the cockles of my
> crusty
> > old thieves' heart, to cut its scrawny guts out and string them up a
> flagpole- with
> > it still alive and attached to them. A pity it's only a soundtrack, with
> no dissectable
> > avatar in the town :-(
> > -Marshall the thoroughly annoyed
>
> Sounds like a personal problem to me. What do you do to crying babies?

Feed them, burp them, etc., as needed. Squalling cats on the other hand,
require a well-thrown shoe, invective, or birdshot, as needed.
-Marshall

> "Windigo" <windigonotat@paganplanet.comnot> wrote in message
> >
> > "Marshall" <Marshall@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > > After hearing that !#$%!&#!$ squalling, caterwauling, annoying cat in
Port
> > Llast
> > > for the umpty-thousandth time, it would greatly warm the cockles of my
> > crusty
> > > old thieves' heart, to cut its scrawny guts out and string them up a
> > flagpole- with
> > > it still alive and attached to them. A pity it's only a soundtrack,
with
> > no dissectable
> > > avatar in the town :-(
> > > -Marshall the thoroughly annoyed
> >
> > Sounds like a personal problem to me. What do you do to crying babies?
>
> Feed them, burp them, etc., as needed. Squalling cats on the other hand,
> require a well-thrown shoe, invective, or birdshot, as needed.
> -Marshall

That sounds pretty much how I feel about people like you.

Windigo

"Marshall" <Marshall@nospam.com> wrote in message

> "Windigo" <windigonotat@paganplanet.comnot> wrote in message
> >
> > "Marshall" <Marshall@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > > After hearing that !#$%!&#!$ squalling, caterwauling, annoying cat in
Port
> > Llast
> > > for the umpty-thousandth time, it would greatly warm the cockles of my
> > crusty
> > > old thieves' heart, to cut its scrawny guts out and string them up a
> > flagpole- with
> > > it still alive and attached to them. A pity it's only a soundtrack,
with
> > no dissectable
> > > avatar in the town :-(
> > > -Marshall the thoroughly annoyed
> >
> > Sounds like a personal problem to me. What do you do to crying babies?
>
> Feed them, burp them, etc., as needed. Squalling cats on the other hand,
> require a well-thrown shoe, invective, or birdshot, as needed.
> -Marshall

Birdshot might you some jail time

"Xocyll" <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote in message news:eek:jvja0l61sap3lkh8ettc1t5k9v1vl565l@4ax.com...
> "Marshall" <Marshall@nospam.com> looked up from reading the entrails of
> the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:
>
> >After hearing that !#$%!&#!$ squalling, caterwauling, annoying cat in Port Llast
> >for the umpty-thousandth time, it would greatly warm the cockles of my crusty
> >old thieves' heart, to cut its scrawny guts out and string them up a flagpole- with
> >it still alive and attached to them. A pity it's only a soundtrack, with no dissectable
> >avatar in the town :-(
> > -Marshall the thoroughly annoyed
>
> Bah, the devs are twisted enough that if you could kill the cat you'd
> end up being haunted by it's ghost and _never_ ever get away from the
> sound.

LOL! Now there's a perfectly horrid thought :) Ok, ok! I'll be good, I promise!!!!
-Marshall

"Windigo" <windigonotat@paganplanet.comnot> wrote in message news:eek:Tyqc.34241$5a.29605@okepread03...

> "Marshall" <Marshall@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Windigo" <windigonotat@paganplanet.comnot> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Marshall" <Marshall@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Port
> > > Llast
> > > crusty
> > > flagpole- with
> with
> > > no dissectable
> > >
> > > Sounds like a personal problem to me. What do you do to crying babies?
> >
> > Feed them, burp them, etc., as needed. Squalling cats on the other hand,
> > require a well-thrown shoe, invective, or birdshot, as needed.
> > -Marshall
> >

> That sounds pretty much how I feel about people like you.

Oops, sorry, didn't know I stumbled into the rabid PETA lobby ;-) Don't take my cat
rantings seriously, I would never actually hurt one, or shoot at one. The birdshot thing
was an exageration (but the thrown shoe sure wasn't! [Ed.])

But strictly from the standpoint of NWN, I'd like to play that repetetive squalling cat wail
in your ear for five minutes and then recheck your opinion about it immediately thereafter...
heh. No jury who had to listen to the same thing for any period of time would ever convict
me for the virtual flagpole fantasies.

I've never harmed a cat nor tried to, and have two very happy cats of my own, so
don't get all high and mighty on me. But when they start making noises like that, they
and the cats they're messin' round with abruptly get chased down the street and out of
earshot. Unfortunately, Port Llast does not give one that option.
-Marshall

> "Windigo" <windigonotat@paganplanet.comnot> wrote in message
> >
> > "Marshall" <Marshall@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Windigo" <windigonotat@paganplanet.comnot> wrote in message

in
<Snip> >
> > That sounds pretty much how I feel about people like you.
>
> Oops, sorry, didn't know I stumbled into the rabid PETA lobby ;-) Don't
take my cat
> rantings seriously, I would never actually hurt one, or shoot at one. The
birdshot thing
> was an exageration (but the thrown shoe sure wasn't! [Ed.])
>
> But strictly from the standpoint of NWN, I'd like to play that repetetive
squalling cat wail
> in your ear for five minutes and then recheck your opinion about it
immediately thereafter...
> heh. No jury who had to listen to the same thing for any period of time
would ever convict
> me for the virtual flagpole fantasies.
>
> I've never harmed a cat nor tried to, and have two very happy cats of my
own, so
> don't get all high and mighty on me. But when they start making noises
like that, they
> and the cats they're messin' round with abruptly get chased down the
street and out of
> earshot. Unfortunately, Port Llast does not give one that option.
> -Marshall

Nothing high and mighty here and I'm not a PETA member. Their policies in
recent years have IMHO gone to extremes that insure reasonable people will
steer clear of them. I do however strongly disapprove of cruelty to animals
in any circumstances. I've played the game numerous times and didn't find
the cat to be any more of a problem than the other repetitive noises. If
the cat bothers you that much I suppose we should be thankful that you
didn't start playing the game before they patched the sound file for the
pixie familiar.

Windigo

"Insane Ranter" <spam@not.me> wrote in message news:44zqc.2398$l%4.885@bignews4.bellsouth.net...

> "Marshall" <Marshall@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Windigo" <windigonotat@paganplanet.comnot> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Marshall" <Marshall@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Port
> > > Llast
> > > crusty
> > > flagpole- with
> with
> > > no dissectable
> > >
> > > Sounds like a personal problem to me. What do you do to crying babies?
> >
> > Feed them, burp them, etc., as needed. Squalling cats on the other hand,
> > require a well-thrown shoe, invective, or birdshot, as needed.
> > -Marshall
> >

> Birdshot might you some jail time

Geez, lighten up. This ng can be one seriously humor-deficient locale- please see
my reply to Windigo. Guess I need to break open a new bag of 'winkies'. Shouldn't
ever assume strangers will recognize my style of tongue-in-cheek ironic humor without
their use... my bad.
-Marshall ;-) :) ;-) :)

> "Insane Ranter" <spam@not.me> wrote in message
> >
> > "Marshall" <Marshall@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Windigo" <windigonotat@paganplanet.comnot> wrote in message

> > Port
> > with

> > > Feed them, burp them, etc., as needed. Squalling cats on the other
hand,
> > > require a well-thrown shoe, invective, or birdshot, as needed.
> > > -Marshall
> > >

> > Birdshot might you some jail time
>
> Geez, lighten up. This ng can be one seriously humor-deficient locale-
please see
> my reply to Windigo. Guess I need to break open a new bag of 'winkies'.
Shouldn't
> ever assume strangers will recognize my style of tongue-in-cheek ironic
humor without
> their use... my bad.
> -Marshall ;-) :) ;-) :)

Tis are to tell... text has not inflexes and such as speech does

"Insane Ranter" <spam@not.me> wrote in message news:eek:4Bqc.7285$UH.2492@bignews2.bellsouth.net...

> "Marshall" <Marshall@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Geez, lighten up. This ng can be one seriously humor-deficient locale-
> please see
> > my reply to Windigo. Guess I need to break open a new bag of 'winkies'.
> Shouldn't
> > ever assume strangers will recognize my style of tongue-in-cheek ironic
> humor without
> > their use... my bad.
> > -Marshall ;-) :) ;-) :)
>
> Tis are to tell... text has not inflexes and such as speech does

True, true. Sorry for any misunderstandings- I have no desire whatsoever to
damage any RL cats, and never have... only one excessively overdone virtual
one in Port Llast ;-)
-Marshall

"Marshall" <Marshall@nospam.com> looked up from reading the entrails of

>"Windigo" <windigonotat@paganplanet.comnot> wrote in message news:0Mhqc.34052$5a.26616@okepread03...
>>
>> "Marshall" <Marshall@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> > After hearing that !#$%!&#!$ squalling, caterwauling, annoying cat in Port
>> Llast
>> > for the umpty-thousandth time, it would greatly warm the cockles of my
>> crusty
>> > old thieves' heart, to cut its scrawny guts out and string them up a
>> flagpole- with
>> > it still alive and attached to them. A pity it's only a soundtrack, with
>> no dissectable
>> > avatar in the town :-(
>> > -Marshall the thoroughly annoyed
>>
>> Sounds like a personal problem to me. What do you do to crying babies?
>
>Feed them, burp them, etc., as needed. Squalling cats on the other hand,
>require a well-thrown shoe, invective, or birdshot, as needed.

I'd rather listen to squalling cats than moron Rice Boys with their
tricked out Hondas and 5000 watt super ultra mage bass kickers pumping
out DOOF DOOF DOOF to be heard for blocks.

Shoes, invective and birdshot seem as though they wouldn't be enough.

Xocyll

> >After hearing that !#$%!&#!$ squalling, caterwauling, annoying cat in
Port Llast
> >for the umpty-thousandth time, it would greatly warm the cockles of my
crusty
> >old thieves' heart, to cut its scrawny guts out and string them up a
flagpole- with
> >it still alive and attached to them. A pity it's only a soundtrack, with
no dissectable
> >avatar in the town :-(
>
> Bah, the devs are twisted enough that if you could kill the cat you'd
> end up being haunted by it's ghost and _never_ ever get away from the
> sound.

There are plenty of trolls around in alt.pets.cats these days... perhaps one
of them lost his way.

> "Insane Ranter" <spam@not.me> wrote in message
> >
> > "Marshall" <Marshall@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Geez, lighten up. This ng can be one seriously humor-deficient locale-
> > please see
> > > my reply to Windigo. Guess I need to break open a new bag of
'winkies'.
> > Shouldn't
> > > ever assume strangers will recognize my style of tongue-in-cheek
ironic
> > humor without
> > > their use... my bad.
> > > -Marshall ;-) :) ;-) :)
> >
> > Tis are to tell... text has not inflexes and such as speech does
>
> True, true. Sorry for any misunderstandings- I have no desire whatsoever
> damage any RL cats, and never have... only one excessively overdone
virtual
> one in Port Llast ;-)
> -Marshall

Ah ok carry on then!

> "Marshall" <Marshall@nospam.com> looked up from reading the entrails of
> the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:
>

> >"Windigo" <windigonotat@paganplanet.comnot> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "Marshall" <Marshall@nospam.com> wrote in message
Port
> >> Llast
> >> crusty
> >> flagpole- with
> >> no dissectable
> >>
> >> Sounds like a personal problem to me. What do you do to crying babies?
> >
> >Feed them, burp them, etc., as needed. Squalling cats on the other hand,
> >require a well-thrown shoe, invective, or birdshot, as needed.
>
> I'd rather listen to squalling cats than moron Rice Boys with their
> tricked out Hondas and 5000 watt super ultra mage bass kickers pumping
> out DOOF DOOF DOOF to be heard for blocks.
>
> Shoes, invective and birdshot seem as though they wouldn't be enough.

Hit in the right spot the bird shot might work.....

>> After hearing that !#$%!&#!$ squalling, caterwauling, annoying cat in Port
>Llast
>> for the umpty-thousandth time, it would greatly warm the cockles of my
>crusty
>> old thieves' heart, to cut its scrawny guts out and string them up a
>flagpole- with
>> it still alive and attached to them. A pity it's only a soundtrack, with
>no dissectable
>> avatar in the town :-(
>> -Marshall the thoroughly annoyed
>>

>Sounds like a personal problem to me. What do you do to crying babies?

Pack them into a box and send them to Michael Jackson.

"Elfbard" <elfbard@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message

> >> After hearing that !#$%!&#!$ squalling, caterwauling, annoying cat in
Port
> >Llast
> >> for the umpty-thousandth time, it would greatly warm the cockles of my
> >crusty
> >> old thieves' heart, to cut its scrawny guts out and string them up a
> >flagpole- with
> >> it still alive and attached to them. A pity it's only a soundtrack,
with
> >no dissectable
> >> avatar in the town :-(
> >> -Marshall the thoroughly annoyed
> >>

> >Sounds like a personal problem to me. What do you do to crying babies?
>
> Pack them into a box and send them to Michael Jackson.

Come on you know your suppose to start copying GW mini's and they'll start
dying left and right

"Windigo" <windigonotat@paganplanet.comnot> wrote in message news:i8Cqc.34422$5a.20406@okepread03...

> "Marshall" <Marshall@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I've never harmed a cat nor tried to, and have two very happy cats of my
> own, so
> > don't get all high and mighty on me. But when they start making noises
> like that, they
> > and the cats they're messin' round with abruptly get chased down the
> street and out of
> > earshot. Unfortunately, Port Llast does not give one that option.
> > -Marshall
>
> Nothing high and mighty here and I'm not a PETA member. Their policies in
> recent years have IMHO gone to extremes that insure reasonable people will
> steer clear of them. I do however strongly disapprove of cruelty to animals
> in any circumstances. I've played the game numerous times and didn't find
> the cat to be any more of a problem than the other repetitive noises. If
> the cat bothers you that much I suppose we should be thankful that you
> didn't start playing the game before they patched the sound file for the
> pixie familiar.

LOL! Sorry I missed it... if it beats the cat wail, I'm sure I would have loved it ;-)
But I'm almost ready to move on to Luskan, so Mr. Cat is a moot point anyway.
I too disapprove of any RL animal cruelty, and if I ever manage to catch that virtual
cat in Port Llast, I'll make his demise as quick and painless as possible- I promise!
-Marshall ;-)

"Xocyll" <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote in message news:7acma0dk2ge5cd3oov1nt9l2ecl2kcu4oe@4ax.com...
> "Marshall" <Marshall@nospam.com> looked up from reading the entrails of
> the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:
>

> >"Windigo" <windigonotat@paganplanet.comnot> wrote in message news:0Mhqc.34052$5a.26616@okepread03...
> >>
> >> "Marshall" <Marshall@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >> Llast
> >> crusty
> >> flagpole- with
> >> no dissectable
> >>
> >> Sounds like a personal problem to me. What do you do to crying babies?
> >
> >Feed them, burp them, etc., as needed. Squalling cats on the other hand,
> >require a well-thrown shoe, invective, or birdshot, as needed.
>
> I'd rather listen to squalling cats than moron Rice Boys with their
> tricked out Hondas and 5000 watt super ultra mage bass kickers pumping
> out DOOF DOOF DOOF to be heard for blocks.
>
> Shoes, invective and birdshot seem as though they wouldn't be enough.

Thank god we don't have anything like that in my tiny li'l hick town. Just the
occasional squalling feline and noisy summer crickets. The backwoods does
have its advantages, I reckon :)
-Marshall (unfortunately, low-ping broadband internet isn't one of them)

"Insane Ranter" <spam@not.me> wrote in message news:%aMqc.9217$3W1.4877@bignews6.bellsouth.net...

> "Xocyll" <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote in message
> > "Marshall" <Marshall@nospam.com> looked up from reading the entrails of
> > the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:
> >

> > >"Windigo" <windigonotat@paganplanet.comnot> wrote in message

> Port
> my
> with

> > >Feed them, burp them, etc., as needed. Squalling cats on the other hand,
> > >require a well-thrown shoe, invective, or birdshot, as needed.
> >
> > I'd rather listen to squalling cats than moron Rice Boys with their
> > tricked out Hondas and 5000 watt super ultra mage bass kickers pumping
> > out DOOF DOOF DOOF to be heard for blocks.
> >
> > Shoes, invective and birdshot seem as though they wouldn't be enough.
>
> Hit in the right spot the bird shot might work.....

From six feet away, the pattern don' matter much...
-Marshall

> "Windigo" <windigonotat@paganplanet.comnot> wrote in message
> >
> > "Marshall" <Marshall@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > I've never harmed a cat nor tried to, and have two very happy cats of
my
> > own, so
> > > don't get all high and mighty on me. But when they start making noises
> > like that, they
> > > and the cats they're messin' round with abruptly get chased down the
> > street and out of
> > > earshot. Unfortunately, Port Llast does not give one that option.
> > > -Marshall
> >
> > Nothing high and mighty here and I'm not a PETA member. Their policies
in
> > recent years have IMHO gone to extremes that insure reasonable people
will
> > steer clear of them. I do however strongly disapprove of cruelty to
animals
> > in any circumstances. I've played the game numerous times and didn't
find
> > the cat to be any more of a problem than the other repetitive noises.
If
> > the cat bothers you that much I suppose we should be thankful that you
> > didn't start playing the game before they patched the sound file for the
> > pixie familiar.
>
> LOL! Sorry I missed it... if it beats the cat wail, I'm sure I would have
loved it ;-)
> But I'm almost ready to move on to Luskan, so Mr. Cat is a moot point
anyway.
> I too disapprove of any RL animal cruelty, and if I ever manage to catch
that virtual
> cat in Port Llast, I'll make his demise as quick and painless as possible-
I promise!
> -Marshall ;-)

I hate cats. Give it a +3 short sword in its spinal column, with my
compliments.

P.S. I'm not high and mighty, either

--
Entreri
--

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it
comes out.

TRENDING THREADS