PPC IE Javascript problem

April 8, 2005 5:26:32 PM

Hello,

I am using PPC IE to use a website with Javascripting. PPC IE doesn´t show
the javascripting.
When I am changing the registry so it is IE6 with NT5.0 instead of PPC.
Then javascript is working fine.

Now I need to develop a kind of .bat file to Change the IE settings so I can
use the website and the form in it and after using the website put the
registry settings back to the original PPC settings.

Any idea how to make such a logon and logoof files?

I am not allowed to have a registry editting program do it for me.......It
is not and may not be installed on the PPC´s...

Cheers,
Ruud

More about : ppc javascript problem

Anonymous
April 8, 2005 5:26:33 PM

I believe you would then need to use a cab file creator, to create an empty
"CAB" file that would write the changes you want to the PocketPC, and then
the file will be deleted. You may want to take a look at
http://www.sundialsoft.freeserve.co.uk/cabinfo.htm

--
David Hettel
Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices

This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
You assume all risks for your use.

"Ruud van Buren" <ruud@ruud-van-buren.com> wrote in message
news:D 35ppf$kq9$1@netlx020.civ.utwente.nl...
> Hello,
>
> I am using PPC IE to use a website with Javascripting. PPC IE doesn´t show
> the javascripting.
> When I am changing the registry so it is IE6 with NT5.0 instead of PPC.
> Then javascript is working fine.
>
> Now I need to develop a kind of .bat file to Change the IE settings so I
> can use the website and the form in it and after using the website put the
> registry settings back to the original PPC settings.
>
> Any idea how to make such a logon and logoof files?
>
> I am not allowed to have a registry editting program do it for me.......It
> is not and may not be installed on the PPC´s...
>
> Cheers,
> Ruud

Anonymous
April 8, 2005 7:14:55 PM

Hi David,

Thanks for the quick response.

The only thing is, that the users who are going to use this website
everytime they want to use it must install the cabfile and when logging of
execute a second cabfile to restore the original settings in the registry.

But what do you mean that the cab file will be deleted after installation?
Because that will not be a solution for me, because they have to use it on
and on and on again.

I will look deeper into the CAB file details. But if there are other
possibilities I would love to hear them!

Thanks,
Ruud van Buren

!