Programmatically setting group policy

Hi All Experts,

I trying to create an app/script to set local group policies on a machine.
How can I achieve setting group policies programmatically without using any
GUI.

For example, I want to set the User Configuration --> Windows Settings -->
Internet Explorer Maintenance --> Connection --> proxy settings, using a
script or my own custom app.

Thanks,

Randy

RF,

There are a limited number of ways to achieve this... Microsoft does not
support this functionality at this time... However, depending on what you
are trying to do there are a couple of alternatives... I have accomplished
this in two ways... One is documented (GPMC), the other is a documented hack
of the actual policy file... I don't really like #2 but for what I needed to
do it was non-invasive...

Contact me directly if you need more info!

Stew...

"RF" <rf@dialexia.online.com> wrote in message
> Hi All Experts,
>
> I trying to create an app/script to set local group policies on a machine.
> How can I achieve setting group policies programmatically without using
any
> GUI.
>
> For example, I want to set the User Configuration --> Windows Settings -->
> Internet Explorer Maintenance --> Connection --> proxy settings, using a
> script or my own custom app.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Randy

auxcom

Distinguished
May 15, 2006
i also need to programmatically configure a local group policy and I'm quite struggling where to go.

RF, have you accomplished this?

Stew,
Is GPMC available in a local group policy?
Can you share the #2 approach.

Thanks!