Weeby12

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
Hi, I bought a e6600 C2D (surprise!). I also have an ASUS P5B deluxe MOBO, a Scythe Infinity cooler and 4gb of 800MHZ ram (OCZ Gold)
As I am overclocking this thing, I hit speeds of 3.2 easily with no signs of stability problems. I have the voltage of my CPU at 1.4 and my RAM at 2.0.
As I increase the FSB to 380 it becomes unstable. I just don't understand this. the temps are about 45 degrees under load so the temps are not great, but not horrible yet. I would think I could go further. If I try to go any furhter my computer simply wont start and I am forced to remove the battery from the MOBO and reset the BIOS. The timings I am using for my RAM are as follows. 5-5-5-12. If anyone has any suggestions as to why this wont work, I would love to hear them. Thanks!

darious00777

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
Increase the RAM:BUS ratio to slow your RAM down. Maybe that'll help. Wouldn't know much about overclocking though, never tried it.

What are the temps you're hitting at load?

clairvoyant129

Distinguished
May 27, 2006
Hi, I bought a e6600 C2D (surprise!). I also have an ASUS P5B deluxe MOBO, a Scythe Infinity cooler and 4gb of 800MHZ ram (OCZ Gold)
As I am overclocking this thing, I hit speeds of 3.2 easily with no signs of stability problems. I have the voltage of my CPU at 1.4 and my RAM at 2.0.
As I increase the FSB to 380 it becomes unstable. I just don't understand this. the temps are about 45 degrees under load so the temps are not great, but not horrible yet. I would think I could go further. If I try to go any furhter my computer simply wont start and I am forced to remove the battery from the MOBO and reset the BIOS. The timings I am using for my RAM are as follows. 5-5-5-12. If anyone has any suggestions as to why this wont work, I would love to hear them. Thanks!

Loosen your timings a bit, increase vcore. Have you tried lowering your memories' speed?