New persistant world needs players

Greetings, Some of you may have read a couple of posts I made concerning
Sanctuary a Thieves World.
This server is going to go into beta testing soon (as soon as we get a few
more areas built and other things added into it), and as such we're going to
need some players to help try it out. So if you've read any of Asprin and
Abbey's books about Thieves world or just want a really good role-playing
server to try out, join us in the bioware guild page, the guild is Sanctuary
A Thieves World, so join up and take a gander at what we'll be offering in
the way of a persistant server, also you can add yourself to the list of
people we'll send the hak pak to via CD sent snail mail if you have a
dial-up connection.

"Khazad Dhum" <BMacklem@milwaukeepc.com> wrote in message
> Greetings, Some of you may have read a couple of posts I made concerning
> Sanctuary a Thieves World.
> This server is going to go into beta testing soon (as soon as we get a few
> more areas built and other things added into it), and as such we're going
> need some players to help try it out. So if you've read any of Asprin and
> Abbey's books about Thieves world or just want a really good role-playing
> server to try out, join us in the bioware guild page, the guild is
Sanctuary
> A Thieves World, so join up and take a gander at what we'll be offering in
> the way of a persistant server, also you can add yourself to the list of
> people we'll send the hak pak to via CD sent snail mail if you have a
> dial-up connection.

Are you using the CES hak pack or one of your own?

Windigo

"Windigo" <windigonotat@paganplanet.comnot> skrev i meddelandet

> > Greetings, Some of you may have read a couple of posts I made concerning
> > Sanctuary a Thieves World.
> > This server is going to go into beta testing soon (as soon as we get a
few
> > more areas built and other things added into it), and as such we're
going
> > need some players to help try it out. So if you've read any of Asprin
and
> > Abbey's books about Thieves world or just want a really good
role-playing
> > server to try out, join us in the bioware guild page, the guild is
> Sanctuary
> > A Thieves World, so join up and take a gander at what we'll be offering
in
> > the way of a persistant server, also you can add yourself to the list of
> > people we'll send the hak pak to via CD sent snail mail if you have a
> > dial-up connection.
> >

> Are you using the CES hak pack or one of your own?

A bit off-topic but what is a hak pack?
Henrik Bengtsson
Armchair Mercenary
Illuminati(Retired), A.T.V. Inf.(Retired)
Political Maverick and Loose Cannon

Henrik Bengtsson wrote:
> "Windigo" <windigonotat@paganplanet.comnot> skrev i meddelandet
>
>>> Greetings, Some of you may have read a couple of posts I made
>>> concerning Sanctuary a Thieves World.
>>> This server is going to go into beta testing soon (as soon as we
>>> get a few more areas built and other things added into it), and as
>>> such we're going to need some players to help try it out. So if
>>> you've read any of Asprin and Abbey's books about Thieves world or
>>> just want a really good role-playing server to try out, join us in
>>> the bioware guild page, the guild is Sanctuary A Thieves World, so
>>> join up and take a gander at what we'll be offering in the way of a
>>> persistant server, also you can add yourself to the list of people
>>> we'll send the hak pak to via CD sent snail mail if you have a
>>> dial-up connection.
>>>

>> Are you using the CES hak pack or one of your own?
>
> A bit off-topic but what is a hak pack?

It's a file with extra content like graphics and sounds a module can use. It
goes into your "hak" directtory in NWN. Recently a huge hak pack called CEP
(Community Expansion Pack IIRC) was released (I believe that's te one
Windigo refers to). This pack is supposed to be a collection of the best
haks the NWN community has made. I haven't tried it yet though, so I don't
know how good it is. You can get it at nwvault.ign.com

Devast8or

"Devast8or" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Henrik Bengtsson wrote:
> > "Windigo" <windigonotat@paganplanet.comnot> skrev i meddelandet

> >> Are you using the CES hak pack or one of your own?
> >
> > A bit off-topic but what is a hak pack?
>
> It's a file with extra content like graphics and sounds a module can use.
It
> goes into your "hak" directtory in NWN. Recently a huge hak pack called
CEP
> (Community Expansion Pack IIRC) was released (I believe that's te one
> Windigo refers to). This pack is supposed to be a collection of the best
> haks the NWN community has made. I haven't tried it yet though, so I don't
> know how good it is. You can get it at nwvault.ign.com
>
> Devast8or

My Bad. It is the CEP not CES. I'm trying it in a couple of development
mods and it has some real imporvements along with a lot of "other" sutff.
The weapons modifications are the best part for me.

Windigo

Yep this will be using the CEP hak as well as a custom one we're making
strictly for this world. The Sanctuary hak will include music (ripped
shamelessly from various sources) along with a couple of new tilesets (also
shamelessly lifted from other sources, as no Tilesets were included with the
CEP).
So far I have 130 mb of music in over 30 files to add into the hak we'll be
using for this.
so you'll need them both to play, I know I'd rather have not used a specific
hak to start a world with, but with the NWVault and so many people on
broadband these days, it'll make it much more viable to attempt to create a
world from scratch with new content rather than try and get it on it's feet
......then switch over to using new stuff.
What we're planning on doing is burning a number of CD's of the world hak
once it's done and mailing it to whoever is unable to download a file
approximately 200-300mb and that will allow them to be able to join us.
So if you're interested, join the guild on the Bioware site and add your two
cents worth, any help will be most appreciated, we still need a good player
base, DMs, builders, scripters as this world is in its infancy stage yet.
i.e is still in the beginning phase of construction.
"Khazad Dhum" <BMacklem@milwaukeepc.com> wrote in message
> Greetings, Some of you may have read a couple of posts I made concerning
> Sanctuary a Thieves World.
> This server is going to go into beta testing soon (as soon as we get a few
> more areas built and other things added into it), and as such we're going
> need some players to help try it out. So if you've read any of Asprin and
> Abbey's books about Thieves world or just want a really good role-playing
> server to try out, join us in the bioware guild page, the guild is
Sanctuary
> A Thieves World, so join up and take a gander at what we'll be offering in
> the way of a persistant server, also you can add yourself to the list of
> people we'll send the hak pak to via CD sent snail mail if you have a
> dial-up connection.

TRENDING THREADS