GPO for DHCP settings

I want to create a GPO that prevents clients not a member of our domain from
receiving DHCP leases. I understand this can be done through Group Policy,
but I don't see any settings... is this a custom ADM file or am I missing
the settings?

Thanks!

Mike

you wouldn't be able to do this via GPO, as to have the policy applied, by
definition, the PC would need to be in your domain

Kerry

"Mike Towan" <mtowan@ci.fremont.ca.us> wrote in message
> I want to create a GPO that prevents clients not a member of our domain
from
> receiving DHCP leases. I understand this can be done through Group
Policy,
> but I don't see any settings... is this a custom ADM file or am I missing
> the settings?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mike

There is not such policy. You could configure your dhcp scope to only have
reservations which would have mac to ip mappings, however that is not practical in
larger networks and still would not prevent a user from statically configuring a
computer to get network access. Other options may include using ipsec in a domain
with a require policy to sensitive servers that would prevent a non domain computer
from being able to access it's shares. However only W2K/XP Pro/W2003 computers are
ipsec aware and any ipsec policies in the domain must exempt domain controllers from
ipsec negotiation security. Other options are mac filtering and 802.1x switches which
are very affordable these days. --- Steve

http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=87 -- an around $400 switch that can secure your
network.