Qusnetsoft Newsreader

April 8, 2005 12:32:05 PM

Any way to get rid of the "read" articles....I want to have just the last
100 or so newest articles...I delete the read stuff on my PC using Outlook
newsreader, then every time I connect...i see just the new stuff.

More about : qusnetsoft newsreader

Anonymous
April 8, 2005 12:32:06 PM

Go to "Tools | Settings | Misc" and configure "Pack database duing sync" and "Delete read during
pack"...

You can also tap-n-hold on a particular news group and manually mark all as read, etc...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Scott" <scottoaks@eastlink.ca> wrote in message news:ediXu7CPFHA.2748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Any way to get rid of the "read" articles....I want to have just the last 100 or so newest
> articles...I delete the read stuff on my PC using Outlook newsreader, then every time I
> connect...i see just the new stuff.
April 8, 2005 4:02:00 PM

Isnt that interesting...I dont have a box to check for "Delete read during
pack"...this is exactly what I need tho!!
version 2.2.0.8
> Go to "Tools | Settings | Misc" and configure "Pack database duing sync"
> and "Delete read during pack"...
>
> You can also tap-n-hold on a particular news group and manually mark all
> as read, etc...
>
> --
>
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> benefit of all of us...
> rights...
>

> "Scott" <scottoaks@eastlink.ca> wrote in message
>> Any way to get rid of the "read" articles....I want to have just the last
>> 100 or so newest articles...I delete the read stuff on my PC using
>> Outlook newsreader, then every time I connect...i see just the new stuff.

April 8, 2005 4:02:01 PM

I'm using the latest v3.1 release...

--

"Scott" <scottoaks@eastlink.ca> wrote in message news:uBQQBxEPFHA.1088@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Isnt that interesting...I dont have a box to check for "Delete read during pack"...this is exactly
> what I need tho!!
> version 2.2.0.8
> "Sooner Al [MVP]" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message
>> Go to "Tools | Settings | Misc" and configure "Pack database duing sync" and "Delete read during
>> pack"...
>>
>> You can also tap-n-hold on a particular news group and manually mark all as read, etc...
>>
>> --
>>
>> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

>> "Scott" <scottoaks@eastlink.ca> wrote in message news:ediXu7CPFHA.2748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>> Any way to get rid of the "read" articles....I want to have just the last 100 or so newest
>>> articles...I delete the read stuff on my PC using Outlook newsreader, then every time I
>>> connect...i see just the new stuff.

April 8, 2005 4:20:30 PM

Yes, saw that on the site but that version costs...rather have a free one
for the amount I use it...

> I'm using the latest v3.1 release...
>
> --
>
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> benefit of all of us...
> rights...
>

> "Scott" <scottoaks@eastlink.ca> wrote in message
>> Isnt that interesting...I dont have a box to check for "Delete read
>> during pack"...this is exactly what I need tho!!
>> version 2.2.0.8
>> "Sooner Al [MVP]" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message
>>> Go to "Tools | Settings | Misc" and configure "Pack database duing sync"
>>> and "Delete read during pack"...
>>>
>>> You can also tap-n-hold on a particular news group and manually mark all
>>> as read, etc...
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)
>>>
>>> Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the mutual
>>> benefit of all of us...
>>> The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>> rights...
>>>

>>> "Scott" <scottoaks@eastlink.ca> wrote in message

Anonymous
April 10, 2005 9:17:55 PM

Reply to message from "Scott" <scottoaks@eastlink.ca> (Fri, 08 Apr 2005 17:
32:05) about "Qusnetsoft Newsreader":

S> Any way to get rid of the "read" articles....I want to have just the
S> last
S> 100 or so newest articles...I delete the read stuff on my PC using
S> Outlook newsreader, then every time I connect...i see just the new
S> stuff.

newsreader will automatically delete articles older than store period which
can be set in group properties or during subscribe. pack operation can be
started during sync process or separately.

Bye
Rick Murray
Sun, 10 Apr 2005 17:10:51 +0600