P5W DH no post problem

sanfeng

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
I've just built myself a new rig. This is my setup.

E6600
P5W DH Deluxe
Corsair 520W PSU
2gb Crucial Ballistix pc2 6400
Ati radeon x1950xtx
Seagate sata 400gb
Scythe ninja revB

After I've assembled everything and turn on the pc, there is no post, no beep nothing. However, all the case fans, cpu fan, gpu fan are running. I can even hear my hard drive spinning. I've checked every connection and reseated everything but still nothing. I've tried take the mobo out of the case and put in on static bag but still no post. Nothing on my monitor. Could someone help me please. Is it possible that I have bad mobo or bad cpu. Thanks a lot

31computers

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
Strip it down to basics, Mobo, CPU, RAM and startup, to try and get one short beep. Then connect Graphics card and monitor and try again.

Keep going, as long as you get 1 short beep on startup, adding other components one at a time, until you find the faulty component.

Good Luck :)

GrimReaperGuy

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2006
You do need to connect a speaker, a cursory glance over a P5W DH seems to indicate that there is no onboard speaker.
If there is no issued beep code, take out one stick of RAM and try again. Then, take out the second stick of RAM. At this stage you should get a beep of long-short-short. If you still don't, try reseating the CPU heatsink, and checking that your NB and SB heatsinks are mounted correctly; an overheating NB has caused a similar issue with myself.

sanfeng

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
Yup, I've connected both the 24 pin and the 4 pin. I've took out both ram but still no beep. I connect my headphone to the motherboard to hear the beep but still nothing. I will try reseating my heatsink again. Oh yeah, how should I check whether my NB and Sb are mounted properly. Thanks again for the help guys and forgive my noobness.

sanfeng

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
My GPU have the power connected. Now, I just put the mobo on a static bag. Take out both ram and turn it on but still no beep. I dont think I have grounding problems since the mobo is on a static bag. Probably a dead mobo. Any more suggestions?

ICEMAN_50

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2007
I have same motherboard as urs, P5W DH Deluxe,.... I think your CPU is probably not properly set, so you can try take it off then on then be sure the right fit,... if it's still not stable,... the jumper for clear the setting, check in the book page 2-26, so try it.

GrimReaperGuy

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2006
I had a P5W DH that would hang from NB overheating before the POST; it was ridiculous. :(
Headphones won't get a beep signal. You need to connect a speaker to the correct pins, located just above the power switch.

Failing that, RMA the sucker.

Xeal

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
Same problem with P5B-E Plus board. I sent the board back to the supplyer, they discovered a damaged pin on the CPU Zif socket, here's the picture
ZiffSkt.jpg

In their opinion this was "caused by incorrect" installation of the CPU.

Guys, can you tell me how can I lift one pin up and over when CPU can only be sitted in one orientation and its pressed down? Although I've been building PCs since '96, MCSE certified engineer, but I will accept a reasonable explanation if it is my fault.

Your honest opinion will be greatly appreciated.