Windows 2003 Profile Overrides GPO

We have Windows 2003 Termial Servers in a Windows 2000 domain. We
build and apply a GPO, everything works great. We build a profile,
copy the profile to a profile server, give it a .man extention, give
the user this profile in their terminal server profile setting, the
profile gets applied, but the group policy is not applied.

I've been working with MS for a week on this and they are stumped so
far.

The only thing I have been able to tell conclusively is that you can
get a GPO or a Group policy, but not both.

Any help or advice appreciated.

x-archive:no

In case it is a clue, I forgot to mention that printers are not
appearing in the profile either. We can add them, but when the profile
is applied to a user and that user logs on, the printers are not there
and the GPO is not applied either. It doesn't matter if the user is an
administrator or an ordinary user. If they have the profile, the do
not get network printers that were added via the profile. They do get
local redirected printers.