nemesis75

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2008
Right now I have 2 problems with my PC.

1. When I am doing some internet heavy things such as watching a youtube video and downloading a couple of things, my local area connection adapter will disable on its own. I then have to either restart my pc or have windows repair it which resets the adapter. This just started happening about a month ago and I have no idea why. I already checked the power management settings on the adapter and I turned off the let windows turn this device off, etc. button. It did not work.

2. I have an Apevia X-Jupiter case. http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/directron/xjupitergbk4.jpg
Sometimes when I open the door in the front of the case all my case fan lights and the fans will go out. If I re open the door all the way they will flicker on. Also If i bang slightly on the front of the case they will come back on. The fans/lights sometimes go off by themselves too. I checked the connections but everything seems fine. What could be the problem?

Thank you in advance.

mhelm1

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
Your motherboard or a expansion card may be close to shorting a trace on the circuit board. Check for loose components, If it moves its suspect. Also check the plugs that connect to the motherboard, remove and look for discoloration and then reconnect.