Block users from logging onto certain machines

I have 650 workstations all running win xp pro in a 2000 server environment.
I have a group of students I want to block from logging onto certain machines in the network.
Can this be done? I have looked through GPOs and tried a few things on the local workstations but I cant seem to get this to work.... any suggestions?
2 answers Last reply
More about block users logging machines

    You can use the "deny logon locally" user right to prevent users/groups from logging
    onto a computer. Just keep in mind that administrators are members of the
    users/everyone group, so never use those groups in the deny settings. I would suggest
    putting those students into a group. Then put the computers you want to keep them
    from accessing into their own OU. Create a GPO for that OU and configure the "deny
    logon locally" user right for that GPO to include the group that you created with
    those students as members. --- Steve

    "Glenn C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have 650 workstations all running win xp pro in a 2000 server environment.
    > I have a group of students I want to block from logging onto certain machines in
    the network.
    > Can this be done? I have looked through GPOs and tried a few things on the local
    workstations but I cant seem to get this to work.... any suggestions?

    Thanks Steve I will give that a try.

    Glenn

Workstations Microsoft Windows XP Windows