Case Suggestions (/w WC)

Coops07

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2005
Hey there, I've pretty much decided I'm going to be getting water cooling for my new build so I just wanted some suggestions on ones that might be good.
Here's what I'd like:
-Black
-Aluminum
-Nice Design
-Mid-Tower

Cooling isin't much of an issue as much of an issue because of the watercooling. Also, must be available in Canada.

Coops07

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2005
Don't worry too much about lowest prices right now, but here's a few that look good. Don't know much about some of them though.
NZXT Lexa - ($150)
Thermaltake Tsunami - ($140) I know this is a good case, only thing I don't like it the front panel
Thermaltake Aguila - ($120)

Other than that i'm not sure if there's any others I like. Also, forgot to mention I want a window.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
Are you looking for a case with water cooling included or a case which is big enough to handle a DIY system?

If a case with water cooling included most of them are full size, I'd suggest looking at ncix or bigfootcomputers.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
I have the tsunami and moved to an Armor because of the lack of space. This may be because I have two video cards but it is very tight to route 1/2" ID - 3/4" OD tubing around inside a mid size tower. Not much space for a pump at the bottom of the case either.

Coops07

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2005
My buddy has a custom made water cooling kit he got from a guy in T.O. Good parts, he fits his whole water cooling kit, except the rad, inside his case (Thermaltake Soprano). I figure the Tsunami is at least as big if not bigger.

Coops07

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2005
I know there's more to it than just that. I'll prolly end up just going with the Tsunami, all around great case. Unless something newer comes out.

_Morphine_

Distinguished
May 22, 2006
Cooling isin't much of an issue because of the watercooling
Watercooling is great but a case with proper ventilation might still be needed. The more items you cool the larger the cooling system and more crowded that mid-tower will become. That could affect airflow depending on the method of installation. Unless you plan on cooling everything in your case that creates heat (which is $) you will still need to pull air over RAM, HDDs, North/South bridges etc..

Just something to think about.

Granite3

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
I had the Tsunami, and it is much better than the soprano, being all aluminum, instead of the plastic front door on the soprano. Same size though.

I moved to a Titan Robelo Watercooled case, came with everything I needed for cpu and gpu cooling, and everything fits in the case.

Near silent operation, cpu (e6600) at load OC'd to 3.2 is a nice 46-48C, versus ~60c with a really good air cooler in the Tsunami.

Easy to build, nice components, and picked it up for less than $200 at Microcenter. Can't say enough nice about it.

10-15% larger than a mid tower, but not a full tower size, plenty of room for my 8800 gtx, and sound card, 2 hds and 2 dvdrws, floppy, and 5.25 bay psu for the gpu.

I did add 2 silent 80mm fans, 1 front for the hds, and one top for additional exhaust, needed the hd fan, not the top, as case hovers around 36c during operation.

Really pleased with this case.