How to set Local Security Policy back to default?

Is there a way to set the Local Security Policy on a Windows 2000
server back to the default installation settings?

I would like to set all the settings back to "not defined".

Since I imported a Local Security Policy my system takes 8 minutes to
shutdown (background screen). The issue is not with the option of
clearing the pagefile at shutdown.

I found "HOW TO: Reset Security Settings Back to the Defaults", but
that does everything.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313222

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about local security policy back default

    There is no way to do that unless you do it manually or create your own template
    to have everything undefined which would probably cause more problems than it
    would fix. Try implementing KB 313222, as you don't have much to lose. You can
    also implement it with the /areas switch to change only certain areas of
    security policy as described. You could also run the Security Configuration and
    Analysis tool against the setupsecurity.inf template to see exactly what
    settings differ from default. --- Steve

    http://www.lokbox.net/SecureXP/secAnalysis.asp

    "DJO" <djo.oconnor@NOSPAMverizon.net> wrote in message

    > Is there a way to set the Local Security Policy on a Windows 2000
    > server back to the default installation settings?
    >
    > I would like to set all the settings back to "not defined".
    >
    > Since I imported a Local Security Policy my system takes 8 minutes to
    > shutdown (background screen). The issue is not with the option of
    > clearing the pagefile at shutdown.
    >
    > I found "HOW TO: Reset Security Settings Back to the Defaults", but
    > that does everything.
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313222
    >
    > Thanks

Policy Default Security Windows