Game freezes

just got myself the gold edition but the thing just freezes solid but in
various places maybe in the opening credits maybe after an hour's gaming and
all points in between but it always freezes never logged off yet.
my machine out specs those recommended and is not overclocked.
can anyone help
please.

John

Vellu

Hardware specs would help...

All NWN updates installed? Graphic card drivers updated?