Local (New Orleans, LA) Cingular Users Discover Problem Di..

Last response: in Network Providers
December 9, 2004 12:49:12 AM

http://tinyurl.com/46d6h

I am seeing a trend with Cingular that they have KNOWN issues in
software, but they are NOT:
'pushing text messages to users' or
'posting these issues on their website' or 'providing the lowest
(first) levels of customer-interfacing tech support' or 'providing
retail center personnel' with this information.

This lack of approval of dissemination of information within the
corporation out to customers looks deceptive and I believe is really
hurting their customers' perception of them, clogging their tech
support line unnecessarily, etc.

If Cingular simply acknowledged KNOWN issues and got the word out to
customers using any/ALL of the above methods, we would appreciate their
honesty and know then that an issue was going to be fixed and to ignore
it for now.

I just got through working an issue on my Motorola V551 GSM that I
thought was my set up because the V551 help screens for tech support
parties aren't posted yet so tech's have to PHYSICALLY use an actual
phone to navigate to confirm a customer's settings, as some settings
are device-specific, only a few of them, but these are critical to
proper functionality.

Instead, after 16 different tech support parties, some who gave
improper info to me because they were guessing because they so strongly
desired a one call resolution outcomes, I spent countless hours since
this past Sunday. Today, 12-08-04, after going through seven people
over an hour and a half, and then spending an additional hour and a
half working with a BRILLIANT data tech who physically got the office's
beta handheld V551 and stepped through EACH setting on that phone to
confirm mine, I find out from her the data team in Atlanta has
Cingular-wide email's circulating that an MMS upgrade went live this
weekend, was not functioning acceptably, so it was pulled and now
Cingular is restoring original email capacity back to its system as
they re-group and resolve the upgrade issues off-line before
re-attempting going LIVE with it again, and until then, sproadic and
various MMS connectivity and functionality issues [that I am
experiencing] will be occuring over the next few weeks.

Why is that info hidden from me?

Why isn't Cingular's FIRST SELECTION FOR EXISTING CUSTOMERS is "please
press blah for CURRENT ISSUES STATUS" or why doesn't their FIRST HOLD
MESSAGE when on tech support HOLD state these issues, both as either
system-wide or regional specific, instead of the inane sales pitches i
have to suffer through on hold?

--
rocketjohnny
http://cellphoneforums.net

there is an expectiation that one should be able to reach 911 if you can
connect to the network and it NOT overloaded. Ie, normal operating
conditions.

This could be Law Suit city.

More that that, it could affect liscenses because if it drags on to
long, The FCC might get involved.

Chip