OU Policy not applied

xxx

Hi Guys and Ladies ,

I have a 2K Server domain with 2K Client and XP Client.

I have defined Default Domain policy applied at domain level.

I have also defined some other Policy Applied at OU Level.

No one policy defined at OU level is applied to the client.when I use the
GPRESULT in XP client the system reply with "Policy Name Not Applied
(Empty).

The Block inheritance flag is not set at any domain level.

Someone can give me any idea on how to solve this problem ?

Thank you in advance

Lorenzo

make sure your user and computer objects are in the OU.

--
Derek Melber
BrainCore.Net
"xxx" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote in message
> Hi Guys and Ladies ,
>
> I have a 2K Server domain with 2K Client and XP Client.
>
> I have defined Default Domain policy applied at domain level.
>
> I have also defined some other Policy Applied at OU Level.
>
> No one policy defined at OU level is applied to the client.when I use the
> GPRESULT in XP client the system reply with "Policy Name Not Applied
> (Empty).
>
> The Block inheritance flag is not set at any domain level.
>

> Someone can give me any idea on how to solve this problem ?
>

> Thank you in advance
>
> Lorenzo

Another thing you could try is to make a small change to the problem
group policy and see if it still says it's "Empty" after it gets
reapplied.

The fact that the GPRESULT recognizes that the policy exists but
considers it (Empty) may mean it didn't apply the settings you had in
the template.

HTH

Harry

"Derek Melber [MVP]" <derekm@braincore.net> wrote:

>make sure your user and computer objects are in the OU.

"xxx" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote in message
> Hi Guys and Ladies ,
>
> I have a 2K Server domain with 2K Client and XP Client.
>
> I have defined Default Domain policy applied at domain level.
>
> I have also defined some other Policy Applied at OU Level.
>
> No one policy defined at OU level is applied to the client.when I use the
> GPRESULT in XP client the system reply with "Policy Name Not Applied
> (Empty).
>
> The Block inheritance flag is not set at any domain level.
>

> Someone can give me any idea on how to solve this problem ?
>

> Thank you in advance
>
> Lorenzo

Ha®®y

HarryKrishna.nospam@geek.com