putting monk unarmed on quickbar

I've searched, FAQed and such high and low.

Anyone know how to assign 'no weapon' to a quickbar slot? As a monk,
it would be nice to fire a couple of missile shots before switching to
open hand attacks for melee when they charge. It would also unload
some of this pile of ammo I'm hauling.

I know how to clear a quickbar slot, but nowhere does it tell how to
assign 'unarmed'.

Thanks in advance.

jkk

"Jonathan K." <apostate.getridofthispart@gte.dontneedthispart.net> wrote in
message news:p2m1b09jonbtkqee7atumb6jt61ilesj2b@4ax.com...
> I've searched, FAQed and such high and low.
>
> Anyone know how to assign 'no weapon' to a quickbar slot? As a monk,
> it would be nice to fire a couple of missile shots before switching to
> open hand attacks for melee when they charge. It would also unload
> some of this pile of ammo I'm hauling.
>
> I know how to clear a quickbar slot, but nowhere does it tell how to
> assign 'unarmed'.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> jkk

Hitting a weapon assigned to the quick bar with disarm it.

Jonathan K. wrote:
> Anyone know how to assign 'no weapon' to a quickbar slot? As a monk,
> it would be nice to fire a couple of missile shots before switching to
> open hand attacks for melee when they charge. It would also unload
> some of this pile of ammo I'm hauling.

Put whatever your ranged weapon is on the slot. Pressing it will equip,
pressing it again unequips.

John Baker <baker-j@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>Put whatever your ranged weapon is on the slot. Pressing it will equip,
>pressing it again unequips.

Works like a champ. Thanks to both of you for the help.

message news:ilk2b09jqcd8gfec4upmglbjenlp1u01t2@4ax.com...
> John Baker <baker-j@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
> >Put whatever your ranged weapon is on the slot. Pressing it will equip,
> >pressing it again unequips.
>
> Works like a champ. Thanks to both of you for the help.
>
> jkk

your welcome happy hunting

> > Works like a champ. Thanks to both of you for the help.

> your welcome happy hunting

Shouldn't that be "happy punching"? ;-)

"KC Wong" <my@privacy.net> wrote in message
> > > Works like a champ. Thanks to both of you for the help.
>
> > your welcome happy hunting
>
> Shouldn't that be "happy punching"? ;-)

Either way.. Tis hunting

If you press the quick bar key a second time (e.g. if you have your bow on
f2, press f2 again), doesn't the character put the bow away leaving your
hands free?

It's been a little while since I played, so I'm not sure. I'm playing
Icewind Dale 2 at the mo - which was cheap at my local PC store. I'm trying
(and failing) to kill off the lost followers - wrong newsgroup I know, but
if anyone has any suggestions ....

Best wishes
Maxon